Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

saw italia post some (lighting?) cues or whatever and it appears UAN is being rehearsed. for the love of all that is holy, WHY? lmao. no one has ever liked UAN, ever, it goes over like a lead balloon at each show it's played, it's a mess of a tune... i just cannot see why they would want to trot it out. if neighborhoods needs to be represented -- and it doesn't -- there are far more fan favorites like wishing well, HAG, or after midnight that deserve a spot.

also, in mark's discord, he alluded to cynical (!) being practiced, which is a huge surprise. we may receive more matt-era stuff than was thought

• Like 4

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

saw italia post some (lighting?) cues or whatever and it appears UAN is being rehearsed. for the love of all that is holy, WHY? lmao. no one has ever liked UAN, ever, it goes over like a lead balloon at each show it's played, it's a mess of a tune... i just cannot see why they would want to trot it out. if neighborhoods needs to be represented -- and it doesn't -- there are far more fan favorites like wishing well, HAG, or after midnight that deserve a spot.

also, in mark's discord, he alluded to cynical (!) being practiced, which is a huge surprise. we may receive more matt-era stuff than was thought

Totally agree that UAN would be a waste of a song on this setlist. I really hope it doesn’t make the cut. It’s totally possible that songs they rehearse don’t make it to the setlist though, they could just be feeling things out to see what they want to do. Would be dope if they do Cynical! The best song from the Skiba era hands down 

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

Cynical would be smart.  Didn't think about that one.  Easy Mark quick banger.

I actually would love UAN.  Any Neighborhoods love shown live is just fucking cool to me.  Don't care what anyone else thinks at that show.  So tired of songs like Rock Show even though it's an all time fave of mine, just every damn show same thing.

Marks been streaming on twitch, said no After Midnight on the set. His bass tech wants them to put Josie and Reckless Abandon in so if those end up on the set thank him. 

Tom was a bit late. Now he’s outside on the phone and Mark is like what’s so important that he can’t come in and do his job right now? they’re joking he’s talking to government people lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

On 1/26/2023 at 5:39 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

It was so fun when blink was playing Ghost on the Dancefloor, Up All Night, After Midnight, and Hearts All Gone, all before Neighborhoods was even released. If the album doesn't come out before the tour it'd be nice if they'd at least play a couple new songs anyway.

I think the only new track we hear for these March shows is Edging. Maybe 1 more if they release another single. 

I still think album comes out before the May US tour begins. They can turn the album in whenever and have it out fairly quick. ModSun turned his new album in like 3 weeks ago and it comes out next week. So the turn around can be pretty quick. Especially if what Ruben said about end of Jan was indeed true. And lets face it I think once it's turned in one of them will say it's been turned in. Most likely Tom. 

The lead single will be released before the first show with an album announcement for may or June. Then blink is top of mind for people while shows are being played hyping up the album and the main tour starts when the album comes out. Seems like a standard marketing cycle. Paramore did the same thing as does pretty much everyone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

The lead single will be released before the first show with an album announcement for may or June. Then blink is top of mind for people while shows are being played hyping up the album and the main tour starts when the album comes out. Seems like a standard marketing cycle. Paramore did the same thing as does pretty much everyone

This is so true it hurts. I honestly can't take all the hype, it's too distracting

South America will lose their shit to blink anyway and they won't care if the album is not out yet, but they need to do things right this time and release the damn album before the North American tour.

Many bands are announcing their new albums right now and they're all coming out in March and April. There's still hope. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, kibbles said:

Marks been streaming on twitch, said no After Midnight on the set. His bass tech wants them to put Josie and Reckless Abandon in so if those end up on the set thank him. 

Tom was a bit late. Now he’s outside on the phone and Mark is like what’s so important that he can’t come in and do his job right now? they’re joking he’s talking to government people lol 

Hell yea let’s get reckless abandon!

15 hours ago, FAP said:

Literally as same as it always was. Sorry to anybody hoping they’d nix First Date 

46-CF56-BD-2-C06-4-D03-AF06-53-B55687-A3 

Can't wait for Tom to purposely butcher that one live... lol.  That's my ONE complaint about their set; if Tom hates playing the song so much he actively undermines it, stop playing it!

• Like 3