Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Can't wait for Tom to purposely butcher that one live... lol.  That's my ONE complaint about their set; if Tom hates playing the song so much he actively undermines it, stop playing it!

Yea, I’d rather see a band perform songs they like than force a cheesy song like that. Such a stupid concept 

19 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

For this one time. I agree with you.

How rigid can you get blink camp.  Their setlist stinginess really irks me.

I get playing the hits, it's what most of the crowd probably wants to hear.  But if Tom ruins it what's the point?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I get playing the hits, it's what most of the crowd probably wants to hear.  But if Tom ruins it what's the point?

They act like people won’t come to shows if they cut first date or something…that’s just not true. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

For this one time. I agree with you.

How rigid can you get blink camp.  Their setlist stinginess really irks me.

Thank you Chad. It’s nice to see my Michigan QB around these parts! Maybe you’ll get a chance to shine at the Super Bowl if Pattie goes down. 

• Haha 1

I always thought blink had enough hits to play without playing all of them. Songs like All the Small Things, What's My Age Again and I Miss You are a must. They really don't need to be playing First Date, Rock Show, STFTK, Down, Always etc

Songs like Adam's Song, Feeling This, Not Now & Dammit I think always should be played, not because they're singles, but because they're fucking great songs. That's 7 singles already, not to mention Edging will need to be played to support the new album so that makes 8 singles.

Maybe Bored to Death will be played to represent the California era. After Midnight and Up All Night are songs they haven't played constantly, so i can get by with those two being played (although UAN sounds bad live). That's 11 singles already. It's definitely enough. Casual fans would still turn up to see blink if blink played just those 11.

The other 5 or so non singles like Violence, Wishing Well, Stockholm Syndrome, Dumpweed, GOTDF, Carousel. All of them are basically songs that since were released, have always been played live to the point they feel like singles anyway. The 5 or so deep cuts can be songs like Anthem, Kaleidoscope, Obvious, Everytime I Look For You, Dick Lips or whatever people think are deep cuts.

I'm sure there will be another single from the new album to play live. The excuse of fans not turning up cause of them not playing about 4-5 singles is ridiculous because despite that, blink have enough hits/singles to play for the casuals

• Like 2

I'm still hesitant on them playing Cali/NINE songs. RHCP skips 2 albums and it's just guitar, no vocals. I can't even imagine Tom singing: "There's a stranger staring at the ceilling".

But I want it to happen, hahaha. 

If I was Tom, I'd post something in instagram like "What's the point of saying sorry now?". That would cause a lot of hype among fans.

But that's me, and that's maybe I'm not Tom. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Sad to see that this bullshit is still happening.

this is seriously making me want to never go to another large concert.

Blink tickets seem to have gone down, but I’m still back & forth about grabbing one, or just going to Atlantic City during Adjacent Fest & seeing/hearing what I can….maybe run into bands on the beach & only spend money on travel & food. This seems like the best option still…

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, heater said:

Blink tickets seem to have gone down, but I’m still back & forth about grabbing one, or just going to Atlantic City during Adjacent Fest & seeing/hearing what I can….maybe run into bands on the beach & only spend money on travel & food. This seems like the best option still…

I heard that prices went down for Bruce as well and he's not playing in front of half empty arenas as people were expecting (because of the insane ticket prices).

That fest seems like a very fun experience though, I just saw the lineup and you'll get to catch some other great bands in addition to the standard headlining setlist from blink, so it's a win win to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I heard that prices went down for Bruce as well and he's not playing in front of half empty arenas as people were expecting (because of the insane ticket prices).

That fest seems like a very fun experience though, I just saw the lineup and you'll get to catch some other greats bands in addition to the standard headlining setlist from blink, so it's a win win to me.

Yeah….I’m leaning towards that option for sure. We have family down there too, so that’s only more incentive to go. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Anyone think there's a chance the first show of the tour at Imperial GNP festival in Tijuana next month has a live stream? Bit of a long shot but I know festivals do sometimes make live streams available. Would be awesome to see it

Best chance is probably lollapalooza I reckon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

Ah, @Coightstanza, are these stonefish things real in Australia?

Don't think I'd ever be able to come to down under then.  That's my biggest fear, is stepping on something sharp, let alone poisoiness in a body of water. 

Yeah real. Only in certain parts. Just don’t go swimming in those areas if you choose to visit.