Blink-182 World Tour 2023 Discussion

boxelder

12 minutes ago, dave900 said:

Does anyone else think that in 2024 we will get some Enema of The State 25th anniversary North American Tour?

No. Is this not the 20 year anniversary of Untitled and so far nothing 

9 hours ago, dave900 said:

Does anyone else think that in 2024 we will get some Enema of The State 25th anniversary North American Tour?

No. I don't expect anything related, to be honest.

Not even a special edition, remastering, release of unreleased material or demos... Anything. Blink never does that, and I'm 100% conviced that their vaults have to be amazing to listen and watch to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rickay said:

Some Toypaj love in 26 would be nice

I remember somebody asking mark why there wasn’t anything for Toypajs 20th and he’s like “does anybody even like that record that much?” Or something along those lines.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, High Value Cum said:

I remember somebody asking mark why there wasn’t anything for Toypajs 20th and he’s like “does anybody even like that record that much?” Or something along those lines.

I personally think Dude Ranch through Untitled is pretty perfect, but I think a more casual observer would definitely say Enema and Untitled are their crowning achievements.

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I personally think Dude Ranch through Untitled is pretty perfect, but I think a more casual observer would definitely say Enema and Untitled are their crowning achievements.

Enema and untitled for sure but anniversary shows aren’t for the casuals really. They’re more for the diehards which would definitely love some toypaj.

Also sleeping in Cheshire Cat is far too common in this place. Such a shame. It’s a great record.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, High Value Cum said:

What the hell lol. It has struck me that they’ve been willing to play enema deep cuts this tour but not much from Toypaj.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, High Value Cum said:

feels like mark consistently has the dumbest blink takes at least coming from hardcore fans point of view

• Like 4

i really didn’t like TOYPAJ for a number of years. tom’s songwriting feels forced and the sound doesn’t progress in a way i had hoped. but in the last few years i’ve really come around to it. i still feel like tom’s lyrics are self consciously stuck in high school mode (as though he’s already written blink off as a one trick pony, like he’s separating the styles in his head in anticipation of BCR). but there’s just so many good moments on the album, it’s hard to dislike. and like mark once said, a closer listen does reveal a melting pot of different styles in subtle ways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

i really didn’t like TOYPAJ for a number of years. tom’s songwriting feels forced and the sound doesn’t progress in a way i had hoped. but in the last few years i’ve really come around to it. i still feel like tom’s lyrics are self consciously stuck in high school mode (as though he’s already written blink off as a one trick pony, like he’s separating the styles in his head in anticipation of BCR). but there’s just so many good moments on the album, it’s hard to dislike. and like mark once said, a closer listen does reveal a melting pot of different styles in subtle ways.

I've gone the opposite. 

It used to be my absolute favorite, but the lyrics are just so bad on half of the album it kills it.  It still is my favorite "sounding" album, it's just perfect.  It also has some of the best blink riffs they ever wrote. 

Would like a re-record with normal non-Story of a Lonely Guy lyrics lmao.

• Like 3

of course, entirely, anthem pt 2 perhaps the worst offender in how stupid blink's lyrics can get. that's why i feel like mark's the stronger songwriter at least until untitled. but the riffs and melodies on TOYPAJ are undeniable. even in anthem, the staccato opening is so memorable. 

• Like 2

I've always thought TOYPAJ is the best blink album regarding instruments and melodies. Everything sounds perfect on it. Tom and Mark sound great. The songs sound slightly more different to each other than Enema. It really does sound like it's evolving from Enema to what BCR was

The lyrics really do ruin a lot of the songs for me though. When I was 13 I thought the lyrics were great. I started liking the smiley face album more and more though. I was growing into the +44 styled lyrics too. Neighborhoods came out when I was 18 and i loved the Mark lyrics on that album (outside of the helicopter line).

Blink just became a better band lyrically and it ruined how I felt about TOYPAJ. I can get by with the Enema lyrics as nothing on there comes across as forced and I think Enema has good lyrics anyway

• Like 3