One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

3 minutes ago, Vote jan free for all thre said:

https://streamable.com/qx85dq

Honestly, my favorite part is Travis and Mark's genuine reaction/laugh to whatever Tom is saying in the bunny suit.  Is there any audio of that yet?

When you piece it together like this it works a lot better. They really should just release the song, we've heard way too much now, there's no sense waiting until Friday.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vote jan free for all thre said:

https://streamable.com/qx85dq

Honestly, my favorite part is Travis and Mark's genuine reaction/laugh to whatever Tom is saying in the bunny suit.  Is there any audio of that yet?

This is the banter we missed and one of the reason we love this band. Sometimes it is more important than the music.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

I still just cannot believe that in this day and age they officially reunited and wrote/recorded an album, all while Travis was a Kardashian, and did it in total secrecy. Incredible.

Tom probably left San Diego twice for the entire ordeal lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Woods said:

I think he is ironic. However, he said "made" not "making". The album is done?

Mark's manager made it sound like the album is done on discord because he said "they did make an album", but I'm not sure

8 minutes ago, Frank Woods said:

I think he is ironic. However, he said "made" not "making". Is the album already done?

I don’t think there’s news on that confirming one way or another. They seem to be holding back on giving more info about the album. Marks manager said in the discord though that he has not heard a new blink-182 album.

I mean Mark, Tom, and Travis' overall enthusiasm for the music and reunion just has me jacked.  I don't want to get expectations through the roof, but it just feels like they are pretty happy with whatever they made.  I just can't see Tom saying this is the greatest album ever if it's really just California style w/ Tom and all Edging snippet preview type songs.

We will see though!

Loving the overall existence of this though regardless.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

The single is about to be released, it’s obviously a fair assumption that the album is done.

Are we 100% sure this is a lead single? I know they sprinkle in deep cut promotional singles AFTER the lead single all the time now. But do any of them drop a random song first?

10 minutes ago, steve_french517 said:

yeah i'd wager the album is already done.  if not a month off.

Knowing how slow they are with this shit, I’d say it’s written and recorded but probably still mixing and mastering. Edging will probably sound a little different on the album itself. Blink’s job is most likely done though, other than signing off on the mix and masters.

• Like 1

mark said on discord they’ve been working in secret for months.

i really was not anticipating in any sense that tom would be back right now — i thought it’d be another year or two. to have a whole new album and single ready? it’s flooring me. i will say that based on the clips, and forgive me for this, that it kind of sounds like more of the same. the lyrics aren’t anything different than what you might find on feldmann-era blink, travis’s drums have that same sterile tone they’ve had on everything since 2016, and tom sounds predictably pretty weird. i’ll save any more thoughts for its leak,

but honestly, i don’t really mind it. i’m just happy that they’re all together again. it’s been too long and it only feels right that tom is involved. i don’t really care what the music sounds like… if it’s good, i’ll be ecstatic. if it’s bad, i’ll nod my head and buy the record. i love this band. and i’m so glad they’re back. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1