One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Of course Matt knew. Blink isn’t just mark, Tom, and Travis. You have the crew, managers, people at the labels, engineers / producers. All of these people are close professional friends with each other. Even if mark and Travis didn’t fill him in for god knows why, one of his actual friends would have on what was going on. And secondly knowing how the aforementioned works, there’s no way mark and Travis wouldn’t talk to Matt given the fact that his friends would tell him about it.

Unless Mark and Travis were unhappy with Matt’s performance on the job causing a falling out, don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t have been informed. 

• Like 1
  • Pickle 1

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Of course Matt knew. Blink isn’t just mark, Tom, and Travis. You have the crew, managers, people at the labels, engineers / producers. All of these people are close professional friends with each other. Even if mark and Travis didn’t fill him in for god knows why, one of his actual friends would have on what was going on. And secondly knowing how the aforementioned works, there’s no way mark and Travis wouldn’t talk to Matt given the fact that his friends would tell him about it.

Unless Mark and Travis were unhappy with Matt’s performance on the job causing a falling out, don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t have been informed. 

Yeah I highly doubt the ghosted him. 

• Like 1

Matt was a hired gun, he did his job, got paid. There’s no shame in that, he did alright. I doubt it was a big dramatic thing, they probably just let him know Tom was coming back and thanked him for his contribution. I’m positive they weren’t shitty to him about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the fact that skiba deleted all his blink photos makes me think otherwise 

If you scroll down far enough, they’re still on his IG profile. His last show was in January 2020, and the last blink-related thing I saw Matt actively involved in was him recording guitar on Feldy’s story a couple months later. He was in the Quarantine video, but he didn’t record guitar on it because he didn’t have a home studio for some reason and was strict about Covid protocols, according to Mark. I don’t know why he couldn’t just use a laptop or something but whatever. I’m assuming that at some point they resumed recording but everything came to a halt when Mark was diagnosed, then it was scrapped once Tom returned. 

TLDR: He didn’t delete anything, just hasn’t been that involved (at least publicly) with the band since 2020, and the only posts since then have been either NINE-related, throwbacks, or wishing Mark happy birthday.

• Like 2

If you just lost potential millions and got replaced by a guy they hadn't spoken to for years, I think you'd also be pissed.

But Tom was always going to come back. Blink is Tom, Mark and Travis.... and they'd sell more albums and tickets with Tom. Not to mention, Tom is their best song writer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

That seems so petty lmao. Doesn’t mean he didn’t know though. Might just be pissed at how it went down or something.

Even if he loves Alkaline Trio above all else, it isn't hard to see that blink was probably a significant bump up for the money he was making.  If nothing else, he might just be mad that a major stream of revenue in his life has effectively been cut off despite doing nothing wrong.  I know that would upset me.

Very curious how his exit did go down, did they even entertain trying to be a 4-piece?  That Mark GQ article suggested that Mark was at least questioning if that could work, when he said something along the lines of, "How would that even work? The 4 of us stay in a house and record a new album again?"  

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Even if he loves Alkaline Trio above all else, it isn't hard to see that blink was probably a significant bump up for the money he was making.  If nothing else, he might just be mad that a major stream of revenue in his life has effectively been cut off despite doing nothing wrong.  I know that would upset me.

Very curious how his exit did go down, did they even entertain trying to be a 4-piece?  That Mark GQ article suggested that Mark was at least questioning if that could work, when he said something along the lines of, "How would that even work? The 4 of us stay in a house and record a new album again?"  

Yeah I really hope we get some interviews come Friday. They can't ignore the "What about Matt" question forever. BTW nice to see you back Mike! 

Just now, Chewy030 said:

Yeah I really hope we get some interviews come Friday. They can't ignore the "What about Matt" question forever. BTW nice to see you back Mike! 

I never really left, but how can I possibly not be drawn back more regularly when such exciting news is happening with the band right now!?

• Like 2