One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Thanks! Yeah you may be onto something then, it definitely does seem realllyyyyy early to put out a single 6+ months in advance. I bet we'll know a whole lot more in about 36 hours or so...

It’s just to sell tickets and keep the hype going from the reunion announcement. I bet we get at least 2 more songs before the album drops that they might play on tour. I’m guessing album drops May-June. 

Just now, Slave of the Week Day said:

It’s just to sell tickets and keep the hype going from the reunion announcement. I bet we get at least 2 more songs before the album drops that they might play on tour. I’m guessing album drops May-June. 

Most bands drop 4-5 songs before an album comes out. I imagine it'll be similar for blink. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slave of the Week Day said:

Oh yeah I get it, even knowing that it STILL seems really early. Just for some recent comparisons:

• RHCP released their long-awaited comeback single February 4th, then two more songs before the album came out April 1st (Less than 2 months)
  • Paramore released their new single Sept 28th and their album comes out February 10th (4.5 months)

For Blink's sake I hope they're not stretching out the singles for 8-9 months haha

4 hours ago, Champ182 said:

My interpretation of that part was that it was a rhetorical question, showing that it would NOT work. Like "come on folks, a 4 piece? How would that even work? It wouldn't."

But that's kinda ridiculous reasoning when 4 piece bands are probably more plentiful than 3 piece bands. If anything 4 members could be beneficial to how they sound live, it would allow for songs from all eras of blink to more accurately be played live, and would give Tom more guitar freedom live when Matt could be the rhythm guitarist, and give Tom chances to rest his voice live (lord knows he needs it).  Only real problem with 4 people I could see would be finding time that they could all regularly get together, which is already difficult with 3 of them when one of them is Tom.

22 minutes ago, Frank Woods said:

This time it seems like they are doing everything the right way. Wonder if the album is finished but we'll know almost soon

I hate myself for getting overly excited about an instagram message from Aaron Rubin (lol), but knowing that they've spent some actual time together in the studio makes me happy.
Now we need an interview with some details on the reunion and the album. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I hate myself for getting overly excited about an instagram message from Aaron Rubin (lol), but knowing that they've spent some actual time together in the studio makes me happy.
Now we need an interview with some details on the reunion and the album. 

This time they seem closer than the last reunion. I think that aging brings wisdom... and it pushes down egos.

• Like 3