One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I think if they were to release another song in 2022, it would likely coincide with the announcement of the official album release date, artwork, track list, preorders/bundles, etc. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they did a “secret” show that isn’t listed on the world tour announcement. I think they did that with Neighborhoods, (coincidentally Las Vegas show that was pro-shot, if I remember right?) But who knows, they’re full of surprises these days

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Jason Tate latest:

“Let’s take these one by one. First, the announcement was what I had heard and been hinting at for a while. From what I’ve heard, while this has been talked about for a while, and pieces were being moved around, it wasn’t until the last two weeks that everything came together, all the contracts were signed, and the deal was sealed. I’ve heard the band has been writing together for a while. For a while, they were getting together, all three, every week. Hit it hard for about 6-weeks to get what they have so far, and now they are getting together a couple of times a week to write and track. They’ll usually put an idea down at Travis’s studio and then retreat to their own studios to track their respective parts. Travis is producing. They currently have 6–7 songs that are about 90% of the way done. “Edging” was written in the middle of these sessions. The album is not yet done. I’ve also heard that the goal is to make a “great Blink–182 album,” and while they want it to sound modern, they also are trying specifically not to make it sound like AVA or +44.”

Making it sound “modern” and Travis producing does not give me a lot of confidence. Probably going to sound like Avril’s last album. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Between the 3 guys they’re doing all the writing and all the producing. The exact opposite of the last 2 albums and you guys still whiney 

It’s a special skill of mine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Blink: *self-produces Neighborhoods*

Fans: “ugh this would be so much better with a producer.”

Blink: *uses a producer for California/Nine*

Fans: *ugh this production isn’t what I wanted. They should self-produce.”

Blink: *self-produces new album*

Fans: “ugh why are they self-producing?”

No one said they should’ve self produced cali or nine just not get a shitty one

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Travis is producing is a fucking worry tbh 

This is my biggest worry by far.  He's not the worst by any means but I just don't trust him with the reigns on where to direct blink and not make it extremely electronic hip hop drums/over produced/etc.

If all 3 of them are helping with the production, then that's a bit more chill and at least better than California/Feldmann taking over.

I don't get why they can't just do most of the work and then at the least send it off to someone trustworthy to make it sound better..like idk, a Trambino again? There's plenty of safe bet producers that would take their work and not fuck with it..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah my feelings too. It’s always a bad shout to produce your own stuff anyway, you lack objectivity which is vital for production.

Incoming Travis hip hop drum kit on 1/3 of the songs and glossy guitar sound.

I just hope the music over shines it where it won't matter.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Travis is producing is a fucking worry tbh 

Didn't they self-produce Dogs Eating Dogs?  That came out fantastically and really left me excited for the direction it seemed they were taking the band.  Then again, they self-produced Neighborhoods as well, and despite how much I love that album, the production is not the greatest.  Granted a lot of that seems to stem from how the album was recorded in general (that is rarely meeting up to make music together, and constantly sending each other their work over the internet).  So I dunno, I'm optimistic, but it is certainly something to keep an eye on.

18 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Didn't they self-produce Dogs Eating Dogs?  That came out fantastically and really left me excited for the direction it seemed they were taking the band.  Then again, they self-produced Neighborhoods as well, and despite how much I love that album, the production is not the greatest.  Granted a lot of that seems to stem from how the album was recorded in general (that is rarely meeting up to make music together, and constantly sending each other their work over the internet).  So I dunno, I'm optimistic, but it is certainly something to keep an eye on.

There were a few questionable choices … the bridge for Disaster of one. The timing of it being off and not in a good way.

• Like 1