One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I am so stoked. Crazy to think that the last time they actually recorded a full album together, like this, was in 2003.

I don't think Edging is indicative of how they envision a blink-182 album in 2022, but I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what they're going for while piecing this album together.

• Like 7

On 11/12/2022 at 3:18 PM, Mid-Tier Jan said:

Travis new beat leaked, grabbing link.  Fast pace, sounds kinda like Natives.

Woohoo.

i remmeber when travis had these killer drumsets with 16 tom tom's and hed do that adam song slide on them,

now its like four pieces, lazy prob more concern about kissing kardishian, than drum stuff

hate to say it, and maybe this is common knowledge - but I've been talking with customer support about my order - long story short, they weren't going to ship the shirt I ordered until the album was ready, but I got them to split the order, so the shirt will be shipping shortly. As for the vinyl...

In regards to the vinyl, that will ship when it releases around 8/31/2022.

I'm assuming the customer service person meant 2023.

So it looks like Album is already being pushed back to mid/end of summer.

I doubt some customer service rep knows anything, but in general I'm not concerned about the timeline anyway. They're clearly working on it, not being lazy/weird, they're in each others' studios, they're being a band!

I know we've been screwed over by delays and stuff countless times in the past but right now I feel very patient.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I doubt some customer service rep knows anything, but in general I'm not concerned about the timeline anyway. They're clearly working on it, not being lazy/weird, they're in each others' studios, they're being a band!

I know we've been screwed over by delays and stuff countless times in the past but right now I feel very patient.

There's so much cool emotion behind the album.  The whole traveling around between eachother's studios, all these years later, has to create a unique element to the album.  Mark back in San Diego?  

I just can't see them doing all this and just coming up with "Teenage Suburbia Put Up A Parking Lot!"

Even if it sounds just like Edging, it makes a world of difference to have the band "back" back again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Feels like we've already seen them working together more then we ever did during Neighborhoods. 

Haha yeah even their tv appearances and music videos had the vibe that they all showed up wherever their managers told them to, did their job without speaking to each other, and then went their separate ways. The vibe is 1000x more healthy already, and we have barely seen anything.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

i remmeber when travis had these killer drumsets with 16 tom tom's and hed do that adam song slide on them,

now its like four pieces, lazy prob more concern about kissing kardishian, than drum stuff

What are you talking about? He’s used 4 piece drum sets the majority of his career. There were only a couple times where he brought a second floor Tom on tour. It’s the same drumset up as it’s always been.. in fact it can be argued it’s larger since he uses a second snare, more cymbals, and electronics 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, FAP said:

What are you talking about? He’s used 4 piece drum sets the majority of his career. There were only a couple times where he brought a second floor Tom on tour. It’s the same drumset up as it’s always been.. in fact it can be argued it’s larger since he uses a second snare, more cymbals, and electronics 

chill fap, chill

• Haha 1