One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

11 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

So much edging...

If the albums halfway decent, all will be forgiven.

I think we already know what it will sound like. It’s going to be to Blink what Avril’s newest album was compared to her previous stuff. I’m sure they will try to recapture lightning in a bottle in going for some more aggressive, Boxcar/Self-Titled style songs and they will be ok but not the same, like Natives. Travis’ production style will sound decent on the first few listens but will lack staying power due to a lack of depth/layers to the songs. It’ll be a 7/10 Blink album and I’m okay with that. I’m hoping to be proven wrong though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

I think we already know what it will sound like. It’s going to be to Blink what Avril’s newest album was compared to her previous stuff. I’m sure they will try to recapture lightning in a bottle in going for some more aggressive, Boxcar/Self-Titled style songs and they will be ok but not the same, like Natives. Travis’ production style will sound decent on the first few listens but will lack staying power due to a lack of depth/layers to the songs. It’ll be a 7/10 Blink album and I’m okay with that. I’m hoping to be proven wrong though.

I'm reluctant to agree with you, but it's more likely than not.  They've done nothing in a long while now to state otherwise than it being heavily Travis production sound, and Edging didn't say otherwise either. 

Hope we just get one song in there that surprises us all and feels like vintage stuff.  I can see it, being their likely last go around and all pulling something out of there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, boxelder said:

you simply love to see it.

Screen-Shot-2022-12-01-at-5-42-11-PM.png

MY HEART, EVERYTIME. 

The new album will probably be a festering turd but I don't give a shit if they're just having fun making stuff together. Go on you old bastards!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

I can't believe we are getting new blink music though, with the three of them.  Even if it's 'bad', the thought that at some point, new music will drop, and we will be able to talk about it ad-nauseam is exciting as hell.  Will be a great time for everbody. 

That little buzz of excitement in October was one of the best things that has happened to us in recent years, I can't wait to have a whole album so that we can overanalyze the shit out of it.  

Even if the album is not great, they're working on it together, which is something we haven't had that since 2003, and I'm sure every song will have a sparkle of the blink we all love (see the prechorus riff in Edging). 2023 will be wild. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

another update: looks like kevin “thrasher” gruft is mainly behind the boards this time around. he’s been involved in all the travis stuff lately: MGK, avril, etc. here’s an appreciation post from mark’s bass tech:

2blmjwxgar3a1.jpg

This is not a good thing right? I really don't want this album to sound like this new age MGK/Avril pop punk. It's seems like with this guy and Travis at the helm though we are destined for that sound. Sigh. 

• Like 1

I'd rather have some guy that is merely friends with them and worked sparingly with in the past that can't overpower them like Feldmann did, but yeah we are having a high likelihood of polished modern sound than not, but I can imagine a Cali/Nine with Tom wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to listen to in 2023.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Everyone's gonna be begging for Feldmann hehehehe.

Doubtful, it’s just gonna be more that same style - which still sucks. 

• Like 2