One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Our definitions about what is metal must be vastly different.

In modern metal bands, he’s right. Literally every small time metal band is double kicking like a motherfucker

• Like 1

Just now, NotNow said:

It depends how much of the song is double bass. Is it used sparingly during a crescendo then I’m sure that would be good, but if it’s just the entire song like every hardcore metal band today then not for me.

That would be hilarious though if they had a full song going double bass 😂

agree w all the aforementioned posts about double kicks -- they usually annoy the shit out of me in (mostly) metal music where it gets incessantly abused. this clip seems cool though. it's really getting me pumped for this record, i hope it's something we all really enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

No worries.

Remember all the buzz about 6/8 before it came out? All about the heaviest sond they ever worte and all? Yeah, neither me.

Remember when Mark appeared on a studio vid when recording guitars for Neighborhoods saying that it was going to sound like wolves? It wasn't a big deal.

I mean... the clip is just a clip. I'm pretty sure it will get basically lost in the song. Not lost per se, you know, but like a little part or transition or chorus.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, theedge00 said:

Tom cant share a riff? A few chords even?

Worrying….

How is it worrying.  I love hearing snippets and full songs but imagine how awesome and hyped we are gonna be when the whole album drops having only heard one song maybe two ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madgaz182 said:

How is it worrying.  I love hearing snippets and full songs but imagine how awesome and hyped we are gonna be when the whole album drops having only heard one song maybe two ?

Something feels off. They release an (okay-ish) song 3 months ago. Silence. Travis posts some drum samples. 0 news from Mark/Tom. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Something feels off. They release an (okay-ish) song 3 months ago. Silence. Travis posts some drum samples. 0 news from Mark/Tom. 

Nothing is off. They’re working on the album. They’ve stated that plenty of times. Shown photos etc. Just let them do their thing and when they’re ready we will get news, interviews, hype etc.

Social media has really changed people. Everyone feels so entitled to constant updates or snippets that when you don’t get them then something must be off.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Legit Alpha Coight said:

Nothing is off. They’re working on the album. They’ve stated that plenty of times. Shown photos etc. Just let them do their thing and when they’re ready we will get news, interviews, hype etc.

Social media has really changed people. Everyone feels so entitled to constant updates or snippets that when you don’t get them then something must be off.

Get the feeling that they’re not confident in the new material… lets see 

One thing is forsure, none of them are hyping Edging to be this great song they put together, that gives me hope.

Lot more pros than cons going on currently. 

My only major concern in my stomach is Travis controlling too much of the production and to not not get bothered by it when it comes out.  I have a feeling it will definitely be like that, but there's still way more positives currently. 

The not dropping tidbits can be taken either way.  They genuinely seemed focused.  That's kind of rare.  

Tom has like 10 guitars in the studio.  And it's Tom.  That's the least of my worries.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Legit Alpha Coight said:

with all due respect

theyve said a while back that they were done with the album and it was the best album they had ever writen

i take it as they were just bluntly lying ton conceal that were actual still working on it, making it better

best they take their time and make it, look at how great the fun'titled record turned out to be a monument of  arecord

would be less good had they spent less months on it