One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I'm not feeling too impatient for the album, but I do hope we get some interviews and stuff soon!

It seems like Edging was never meant to promote the upcoming album, it was meant to promote their reunion and tour, and it worked perfectly for that! 10 weeks at #1 on the Alternative chart is incredible, I'm sure they didn't even dream of the song having that much staying power.

But when it comes to the album, we know they have still been working on it all this time, and most modern bands release like 3-4 singles in the months before the release.

A quick comparison is Paramore - they released their first single to promote their album on September 28, their second single came out December 8th, and there will probably be another one or two before the album comes out Feb 10. That's a 4.5 month span between the first single from the album, and the album's release.

So, long story short, I'm sure we still have a little ways to go! But I also don't think they'll stretch it out too far. I bet we'll start getting album rollout info and a single within the next month, and the album will come just in time for early summer.

• Like 4

I personally hope we get just one more song 2-3 weeks before the album drops, however long that might be. 

I'm not a fan of the trend of recent years where you get drip fed songs from an album and by the time it comes out you've already played close to half of them to death and just end up skipping most of it. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

I personally hope we get just one more song 2-3 weeks before the album drops, however long that might be. 

I'm not a fan of the trend of recent years where you get drip fed songs from an album and by the time it comes out you've already played close to half of them to death and just end up skipping most of it. 

Its just how the industry works now, trying to bleed the clicks out of every song possible

• Like 1

If you want a new album on vinyl, the wait times are 4 or 5 months for supply. And if the blink album is getting shipped in August, it's definitely coming out in a couple of months. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, Neal said:

I saw green day at a festival they were headlining and that shit was so fucking cringe….

….. everybody sing heeeee-yoooooo…….. made up at least 20min of their set.

Green day sucks donkey balls

Yea ok and Tom not being able to play anything correctly and singing like a dying cat is better? Give me a fucking break. It’s obvious you don’t have the ability to be neutral in judging something like this, so you might as well not share your opinion at all. 

• Pickle 1

32 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Sometimes I feel like Diddy is not even a blink fan at all.  Detroit, neck beard.  It doesn't add up.

Do we have an imposter in our midsts?

You think people in Michigan don’t like blink? They don’t call it Detroit Rock City for nothing, pal. Sorry that I have the ability to put my emotions aside and be fairly critical. You act like nobody’s ever said blink is horrible live before. 

57 minutes ago, FAP said:

You think people in Michigan don’t like blink? They don’t call it Detroit Rock City for nothing, pal. Sorry that I have the ability to put my emotions aside and be fairly critical. You act like nobody’s ever said blink is horrible live before.

Just seem like a hater, more than a fan. 99.9% of the time.

Smells fishy.

TBS and Eminem are great though, no harm there.

37 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Just seem like a hater, more than a fan. 99.9% of the time.

Smells fishy.

TBS and Eminem are great though, no harm there.

Hater? I love blink. I’m also realistic about their skill sets, I’m sorry that upsets you.

What is TBS? Taking Back Sunday? They aren’t from around these parts, and if they are, we don’t claim them lol 

3 minutes ago, FAP said:

Hater? I love blink. I’m also realistic about their skill sets, I’m sorry that upsets you.

What is TBS? Taking Back Sunday? They aren’t from around these parts, and if they are, we don’t claim them lol 

Taking Back Sunday are from Michigan and essentially represent Michigan punk rock/emo aka your fathers.

3 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Taking Back Sunday are from Michigan and essentially represent Michigan punk rock/emo aka your fathers.

I’ve never once heard they’re from Michigan. I don’t think you’re correct on that. In fact Wikipedia says they’re from New Jersey 

19 minutes ago, FAP said:

I’ve never once heard they’re from Michigan. I don’t think you’re correct on that. In fact Wikipedia says they’re from New Jersey 

Wow, I got bamboozled and you are right Diddy sir.  I swear in an interview once they were talking about living in Michigan...maybe it was Adam's parents..

I've associated so many of their videos of being somewhere in the woods in Michigan,  I'm a wee bit embarrassed and feel like this is a glitch in the matrix honestly.  No other band I was accidentally thinking of.

Strange.

7 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Wow, I got bamboozled and you are right Diddy sir.  I swear in an interview once they were talking about living in Michigan...maybe it was Adam's parents..

I've associated so many of their videos of being somewhere in the woods in Michigan,  I'm a wee bit embarrassed and feel like this is a glitch in the matrix honestly.  No other band I was accidentally thinking of.

Strange.

Thank you for giving another reason why your opinion on such matters should not be considered 🤣

lol jk , carry on 

8 hours ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Sometimes I feel like Diddy is not even a blink fan at all.  Detroit, neck beard.  It doesn't add up.

Do we have an imposter in our midsts?

I’m neither defending nor attacking Diddy. But I lived the first 19 years of my life in Michigan and can confirm there were blink fans who lived there. Most of them just pretended they outgrew the music in middle school. I don’t know what I am now other than just a transplant. The Chicago folks are mad I wasn’t born here, the Michigan folks are mad I moved away.

Anyways, go Lions!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Strange.

Taking Back Sunday and Brand New are the Long Island staples, and their music is all about Long Island. I thought everbody knew that. Only Billy Joel is more from Long Island than Taking Back Sunday & BN lol