One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

8 minutes ago, FAP said:

Once again, you’re projecting from blink to GD. I’m sorry but blink fit that mold more than GD ever did and you know it 

They truly do not.  Dick jokes and alt shit that is half of bink's catalogue does not resonate with anything other than cool people.  Green Day is infinitely more accessible for high school lovers.  Blink was always more people who thought high school was wank, Green Day was playing at every high school graduation.

ATST and WMAA got some kids on board, so what.

I Miss You era was largely emo kids or those wanting to dabble with it.  American Idiot was those who live in white picket fences wanting to pretend to be emo for a week.  

You got it twisted.  Stop drinking the flint water.

17 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

They truly do not.  Dick jokes and alt shit that is half of bink's catalogue does not resonate with anything other than cool people.  Green Day is infinitely more accessible for high school lovers.  Blink was always more people who thought high school was wank, Green Day was playing at every high school graduation.

ATST and WMAA got some kids on board, so what.

I Miss You era was largely emo kids or those wanting to dabble with it.  American Idiot was those who live in white picket fences wanting to pretend to be emo for a week.  

You got it twisted.  Stop drinking the flint water.

You really are more delusional than I thought. That’s okay though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank Woods said:

By the way "I'm a punk rock kid, I came from hell with a curse She tried to pray it away, so I fucked her in church" it's a pretty wild lyric, one of the most punkish of the last 20 years.

If you’re 12 years old 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frank Woods said:

By the way "I'm a punk rock kid, I came from hell with a curse She tried to pray it away, so I fucked her in church" it's a pretty wild lyric, one of the most punkish of the last 20 years.

Put that in the new album thread, this is the green day vs blink thread.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The lyrics is not 'good' by any means, but the fact Tom even said it kind of gave me some strange hope..like they truly will not be studio-fied by any means.  They are writing the shit, good and bad.

Marks lyrics were better and actually pretty decent, but Tom sounded better.

1 hour ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

The lyrics is not 'good' by any means, but the fact Tom even said it kind of gave me some strange hope..like they truly will not be studio-fied by any means.  They are writing the shit, good and bad.

Marks lyrics were better and actually pretty decent, but Tom sounded better.

“The lyrics is not good…” 

I rest my case. Jan is not very smart or literate. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnIoJKQJ2mZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

As soon as they start rehearsing for tour, then we can conclude that the album is done.

I also keep seeing that Kourtney K can't wait to go *on tour* and it's so fucking crazy, it is actually comical 😂 I earnestly cannot imagine her singing along to blink every night, but it looks like she's looking forward to that lol I'm sure Tom won't love her tv crew behind the scenes. 

I think a strange storm of events allowed us to have
blink back. I believe that Mark getting diagnosed with cancer was a wake up call to Tom, but even without the cancer, I think blink would have still reunited with Tom because Travis is now married to one of the biggest celebrities in the world and if you are in blink-182, you have to jump on that kind of attention.
There was no way blink was going to remain inactive, they had to come back in style and the only way to do it was the reunion with Tom.

Of course it isn't just the Kardashian effect, this time they really seem relaxed and grateful to be back together, and their first show is in just 2 months!! Sorry for the massive rambling.  

• Like 3

I think Tom was always, always planning to come back to blink to finish up at some point, he just had nothing pushing him too until Mark's cancer, Matt wasn't enough to push him back, + yeah probably all the success/attention monetarily wise blink was still getting.  That finally made him stop hesitating to do what he was always destined and likely planning to do.  

Looking at these photos though, even them just in the studio get's me so hyped.   They are the masters of hype, I love being a part of it.  Gives me purpose.

• Like 3