One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

you know what one of the funniest things blink ever did was? they heard all of the fan complaints about "whoa-ohs" and "na-nas" on California, and then the first track they released for the deluxe edition was Parking Lot, which had some of the most prominent whoa-ohs and na-nas of any song they've released

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, madgaz182 said:

And for all we know they could’ve listened to the fans and communities and remixed or tweaked edging for album release 

hell even edging might not feature who knows 

I’ve seen bands in the past release totally different sounding versions of a single compared to album version 

look at weezer as example JUST FISHING the single version is very pop radio friendly compared to the album version

One of the Rubins already confirmed that Edging will be on the album. I laugh every time fans do the mental gymnastics and try to explain it away like it’s not even part of the album or direction they’re going. All of the evidence points in this direction, but sure, let’s keep thinking they’re going to write your next “Untitled.” 

34 minutes ago, FAP said:

One of the Rubins already confirmed that Edging will be on the album. I laugh every time fans do the mental gymnastics and try to explain it away like it’s not even part of the album or direction they’re going. All of the evidence points in this direction, but sure, let’s keep thinking they’re going to write your next “Untitled.” 

I’ve never once speculated they are gonna write another UNTITLED album I’m only just saying what I think, I’m not saying I 100% believe it but you never know 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FAP said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95217ea4ce1b30ed180f

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I didnt comment on your gear, i commented on your dogmatic views you present here as facts

I’m allowed to have an opinion on what they’re doing. I also said I’ll probably still enjoy the record regardless. Why don’t you chime in and contribute something useful then? Provide a counter point instead of just talking shit my guy 

1 hour ago, FAP said:

I’m allowed to have an opinion on what they’re doing. I also said I’ll probably still enjoy the record regardless. Why don’t you chime in and contribute something useful then? Provide a counter point instead of just talking shit my guy 

If i build a table you don‘t like, it‘s not because of the hammer i used

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

If i build a table you don‘t like, it‘s not because of the hammer i used

If you use a sledgehammer where a finish hammer would be most appropriate, you're probable going to end up with blemishes. The tools aren't the most important thing, but they can make a difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAP said:

Coming from a guy who thinks someone with one guitar and one 20 watt amp is a gear nerd 

Neal has built his own studio, fun fact.

@Neal… that was you right 😂

8 hours ago, FAP said:

I don't know why anyone wants to excuse it away.  It's a fine song, definitely was a grower, but I genuinely love it at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

If you use a sledgehammer where a finish hammer would be most appropriate, you're probable going to end up with blemishes. The tools aren't the most important thing, but they can make a difference.

Thats right of course. I just hate the real amps vs profiler/kemper/plugins discussion as the people who yell the loudest know the least about the subject matter. 
if you want to, you can get an indistinguishable tone from a kemper in comparison vs a real amp. Its not this sort of black magic box people make it out to be. Its in the same ballpark for me as the auto-tune discussion. 
blinks vocals have been pitch-corrected to bits since enema. Those tools havent gotten worse over the years. The taste of most people just have changed so people in the studio use the available tools way more drastically. It‘s a sound choice, not laziness 

same goes for live situations. Using kempers gives the soundtech much more flexibility and the ability to deliver a clean and crisp mix. If you are a fan of overly loud guitars, you won‘t appreciate that( i don‘t like it either) but its a choice, not the lack of ability to sound like an amp.

just to be clear @FAP, i hate to use a kemper, sold the one i got after a week. I prefer using real amps. It had nothing to do with the sound though. I could send you a/b comparisons, you wouldn‘t be able to tell the difference.

it just grinds my gears when people put stuff out there as „facts“ when its clearly inaccurate

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Thats right of course. I just hate the real amps vs profiler/kemper/plugins discussion as the people who yell the loudest know the least about the subject matter. 
if you want to, you can get an indistinguishable tone from a kemper in comparison vs a real amp. Its not this sort of black magic box people make it out to be. Its in the same ballpark for me as the auto-tune discussion. 
blinks vocals have been pitch-corrected to bits since enema. Those tools havent gotten worse over the years. The taste of most people just have changed so people in the studio use the available tools way more drastically. It‘s a sound choice, not laziness 

same goes for live situations. Using kempers gives the soundtech much more flexibility and the ability to deliver a clean and crisp mix. If you are a fan of overly loud guitars, you won‘t appreciate that( i don‘t like it either) but its a choice, not the lack of ability to sound like an amp.

just to be clear @FAP, i hate to use a kemper, sold the one i got after a week. I prefer using real amps. It had nothing to do with the sound though. I could send you a/b comparisons, you wouldn‘t be able to tell the difference.

it just grinds my gears when people put stuff out there as „facts“ when its clearly inaccurate

I believe you.

But tape recording will always sound different than digital will it not? 

Not saying blink ever used tape though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

I believe you.

But tape recording will always sound different than digital will it not? 

Not saying blink ever used tape though.

Blink did use tape up through TOYPAJ at least, not sure exactly what they did with untitled 

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

I see that it grinds your gears. The thing is, I don’t need to understand everything about amps vs kemper , because I can tell the difference in sound. Bands that use real amps sound better to my ears, I don’t give a fuck what you say. And I’m not knocking you or the way you prefer to record or use those things. I’d actually be interested in what you have to say about it 

• Crab 1
  • Pickle 1