One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

14 hours ago, Neal said:

They edited/touched up audio for enema and toypaj in pro tools as well. I think i‘ve seen a tape machine in the untitled studio clips also, Not sure about that though

i think i read in the untitled liner notes that tape was used on some songs for drum takes, which were further manipulated and slowed down digitally to get a “huge” sound. i think on stockholm syndrome IIRC

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Whether Edging is on the album or not, I don't know if we can use it to judge what the album will be like yet. It was a unique type of single, released to promote the band reuniting and going on tour, NOT to promote an album. It's been out for 3.5 months and we still don't know anything about the album, plus the title itself is a reference to the fact that we'd have to wait a long time for more haha.

So I don't really view it as a preview of the album, I view it as a one-off, because it was. If the next single has the same style and sound, then it'll be safe to judge their direction, but until then I'll think of Edging as a little piece of candy rather than part of the full meal haha.

• Like 1

Just now, Champ182 said:

Whether Edging is on the album or not, I don't know if we can use it to judge what the album will be like yet. It was a unique type of single, released to promote the band reuniting and going on tour, NOT to promote an album. It's been out for 3.5 months and we still don't know anything about the album, plus the title itself is a reference to the fact that we'd have to wait a long time for more haha.

So I don't really view it as a preview of the album, I view it as a one-off, because it was. If the next single has the same style and sound, then it'll be safe to judge their direction, but until then I'll think of Edging as a little piece of candy rather than part of the full meal haha.

If it's not on the album (which really doesn't matter to me one way or the other) that would actually have been a GREAT song title for a little teaser song.  If it's on the album, it will definitely stand out like a sore thumb, but really not a major deal these days with streaming an album 90% of the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

If it's not on the album (which really doesn't matter to me one way or the other) that would actually have been a GREAT song title for a little teaser song.  If it's on the album, it will definitely stand out like a sore thumb, but really not a major deal these days with streaming an album 90% of the time.

Don't be so negative, the entire could album could be that way!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

Dude for the 5th time, the rubins confirmed it will be on the album 

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Weren't people here making album release predictions at some point? I'll go with:

Next single/album details: February 10

Album release: May 26

I'm still going March 10th, Friday right before/while they are traveling overseas, and Edging not on the album.  Then they get to see all the reactions while away and build momentum for their return to the States.

That, or it is in mid/end of April and they save all their new shit for when they get back to play, and build momentum by playing a new song or two live overseas for shitty phone camera pick ups and what not.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAP said:

Dude for the 5th time, the rubins confirmed it will be on the album 

Oh yeah, when did they mention that again? I think it's been awhile. I know they've put in a lot of work since then, ya never know when something is "official" or which dudes in the Blink ecosystem are fully in the know. I won't be surprised either way.

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Oh yeah, when did they mention that again? I think it's been awhile. I know they've put in a lot of work since then, ya never know when something is "official" or which dudes in the Blink ecosystem are fully in the know. I won't be surprised either way.

It's actually only the 3rd time.  I have the screenshots.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

So I saw someone post a conversation with I believe Aaron Rubin on Reddit not long ago. It was a screenshot of a conversation and Aaron said Edging would be on the record. But you’re right, things can always change, and I’ll take anything posted on Reddit with a grain of salt. But it seemed legit to my eyes 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Ok, they're officially rehearsing for tour, maybe I spoke too soon earlier and they album is finished lol 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnxW-3Myt5L/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

They genuinely look like brothers again.  What's happened happened, and is in the past now.  That or it's Mark's glasses that sexy fuck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

They genuinely look like brothers again.  What's happened happened, and is in the past now.  That or it's Mark's glasses that sexy fuck.

They’re old, they probably just can’t remember what they were pissed about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3