One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

10 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Whether Edging is on the album or not, I don't know if we can use it to judge what the album will be like yet. It was a unique type of single, released to promote the band reuniting and going on tour, NOT to promote an album. It's been out for 3.5 months and we still don't know anything about the album, plus the title itself is a reference to the fact that we'd have to wait a long time for more haha.

So I don't really view it as a preview of the album, I view it as a one-off, because it was. If the next single has the same style and sound, then it'll be safe to judge their direction, but until then I'll think of Edging as a little piece of candy rather than part of the full meal haha.

We know that edging was written half way through the album sessions. It’s pretty safe to assume it has some representation of the album sound. It wasn’t just created on its own as a hype single before making the album.

• Like 1

Tom's insta story with all the crew and what not. This got me hyped.  This is like +44 meets Angels & Airwaves and I'm down for it.  Just really refreshing to see all blink camp this time and dudes we grew up with, not Goodygrace Chainsmokers + Feldmann or whatever.  Feels right where they should be.  Also, teleprompter? New song(s) playing live?  Ready for the hype train.  It's nearing.

🥲

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

Tom's insta story with all the crew and what not. This got me hyped.  This is like +44 meets Angels & Airwaves and I'm down for it.  Just really refreshing to see all blink camp this time and dudes we grew up with, not Goodygrace Chainsmokers + Feldmann or whatever.  Feels right where they should be.  Also, teleprompter? New song(s) playing live?  Ready for the hype train.  It's nearing.

🥲

You order your Detroit ticket yet? Lol 

They’re old they can’t remember lyrics hence the teleprompter.

I think the album won’t be out before the tour. Call it a calculated “blink like to disappoint” hunch.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

It diminishes authenticity and engagement to the crowd, not sure why this is so hard to understand, it just further makes him feel like less of a band member/presence and more of a cardboard cutout (old and faded)

People go to see a good performance and their talents, using a teleprompter isn't much different than reading off a notecard for a speech instead of facing the audience. 

It's just lazy.

Jan must be so heartbroken about Tom in blink right now. Tom is merely a cardboard cutout in his eyes.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jan_the_bodybuilder said:

🥲

Do you ever feel the urge to fart, but when you do, a bunch of cum shoots out instead? Man those are some pretty wild surprises hey

Never understood the teleprompter hate, it’s one less thing for the performer to have to be focused on. I guess maybe if it’s the singer and it’s their sole responsibility? But for vocal guitarists / bassists, it lets Tom run around and not have to be thinking about where he comes in next lyrically. Or if they fuck up and lose their spot they can regain much faster.  I still think it’s a backup more than anything, Tom’s been singing these songs for twenty five years; he knows the lyrics lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Never understood the teleprompter hate, it’s one less thing for the performer to have to be focused on. I guess maybe if it’s the singer and it’s their sole responsibility? But for vocal guitarists / bassists, it lets Tom run around and not have to be thinking about where he comes in next lyrically. Or if they fuck up and lose their spot they can regain much faster.  I still think it’s a backup more than anything, Tom’s been singing these songs for twenty five years; he knows the lyrics lol.

On 3/19/2015 at 4:14 PM, NotNow said:

Matt has a TelePrompter lol

#It’sOkayWhenTomDoesIt

Spoiler

Nah you said a few times you were fine with the teleprompter. You’re cool.

20 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

#It’sOkayWhenTomDoesIt

Hide contents

Nah you said a few times you were fine with the teleprompter. You’re cool.

Pretty sure in the past I had said it’s no big deal. 28 years old vs. 20

F.e. Springsteen uses teleprompter all the time: it doesn't mean they don't give a damn or that it's unprofessional, maybe it's just a way for the artist to feel more confident and avoid mistakes. And there's no need to look at the screen all the time. 

In any case, these are the first rehearsals in ages so there's nothing wrong with having a little help.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I sometimes look up the lyrics to my own songs and I only have like ten songs lol

Haha, I definitely relate to this

I must have about 20 written songs and apart from one of them, I've forgotten to how to play the guitar for all of them. I'd have to sit down with a guitar on my lap and listen to the songs and keep replaying them as I'm trying to play guitar to it. I'm probably 10x worse than Tom when it comes to playing my own songs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Of course Tom just needs a teleprompter "because he's old," but Matt (having learned like 100 new songs in a few weeks) was absolutely shit on and disrespected for using one.

The hypocrisy is insane..

Teleprompters, co-writers, producers, just wait until the backing tracks show up. All of that shit was just a convenient way to take jabs at blink because you couldn't accept them existing without Tom. Sad!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2