One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

42 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Travis has injured his finger apparently, would that hold the boys up? He can’t record any drums surely unless we get computerised shite 🤮

he’s surprised everyone before, +44 when he broke his arm, ‘04 australian tour IIRC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Travis has injured his finger apparently, would that hold the boys up? He can’t record any drums surely unless we get computerised shite 🤮

"Damn, this was so unexpected and devastating for the fans.  Album May 2025 release date to ensure you are getting every aspect of Travis fingers because WE CARE ABOUT THIS ALBUM."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

Pretty sure all drums will have been recorded so far and if anything is needed I’m sure it won’t be massive amounts needed 

• Like 2

I wonder how are they gonna handle this, will they wait till the tour starts and announce the same day that the album still in the progress, sorry, we fucked it up. If that's the case, they better be announce it sooner. They probably sold already enough tickets, shouldn't be a problem with such a news.

Or, are they gonna tour a greatest hit list without even a mention of an album. This is not edging anymore, this is ass. 

They've gone a lot longer without any more news/music than I expected, but it's not like they've just been sitting around at home or wasting time on other projects or anything like that. They've been working on the album and rehearsals and everything else the entire time. I don't really feel the angst right now.

At some point someone in the blink camp said their deadline to finish recording was the end of January. If that was the case then they're probably currently finishing up mixing/mastering/deciding on artwork/choosing singles and all that stuff. My guess is they'll make a big album announcement pretty soon and then the rollout of singles will happen throughout the spring, and the album itself will come out in early summer when the tour is in full swing. They're gonna be on tour for most of the next TEN MONTHS, in my opinion there's no need to worry too much (yet) about the album release date.

I think releasing Edging as a comeback/tour announcement threw everyone off haha. Clearly that was not meant to be a normal "lead single" to promote the upcoming album. I don't think they fucked up this time, we'll get our fix soon.

• Like 2

I'm still in the April/May camp and I really don't understand the whining because it's obvious they have it all planned.

Post 2018 album announcements are usually like only a month or two away from the actual release date, so we won't have to wait too long when they announce the album this time. 

• Like 2

Didn’t they turn in the album around the end of January? How long does mixing, production, etc. usually take after recording is done? 

I imagine they pick one of the stronger songs, perfect it, and release it within a month or so along with announcing the releases date for the album + album title.

• Like 1

Personally I think it's kinda cool that they just said "WE'RE BACK MOTHERFUCKERS" and then slid right back to work without doing any sort of interviews, let alone a whole media blitz, but I do think a lot of peoples' worries would be calmed if they gave just a litttttle more info about their plans back in October haha.

I don't think anybody would be tripping if they had said something like, "We've already been secretly working on new songs together, here's one of them now it's called Edging! And now that the rust is shaken off we're going to get back to work for a few more months so we have a badass Blink album to bring to the party in 2023!"

(Hey Blink dudes, I'm available for hire)

• Like 2