One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Just now, Fap said:

Yet nobody here has been able to actually answer my question lol 

I think it's just the notification.  So it sends you a little alert when it's immediately available. 

But yeah, it sends it to browser Spotify.  Worthless! I don't remember that nonsense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

I think it's just the notification.  So it sends you a little alert when it's immediately available. 

But yeah, it sends it to browser Spotify.  Worthless! I don't remember that nonsense.

Lol thanks , that’s what I gathered from Reddit. So basically it’s pointless. One day I’ll just wake up and the song will be out, and I’ll search for it on Spotify lol 

• Like 1

Some cunt on Reddit posted the data feb 21 a couple of times in the last week all cryptic like. Probably just someone guessing at a date for shits and giggles but maybe Tuesday is the day? Slightly coincidently the presave pops up the same week.

https://www.reddit.com/u/Duhlongestline/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

5 hours ago, Fap said:

Lol thanks , that’s what I gathered from Reddit. So basically it’s pointless. One day I’ll just wake up and the song will be out, and I’ll search for it on Spotify lol 

My friends have a band and I've done the presave thing for them when they were releasing their singles last year because I'm a good friend, but I never got the notification 😅

• Haha 3

Pre save’s means it will automatically save it to your preferred streaming app.

Its a great gage of fan interest and increases the chances of it being included on playlists, which is the main way music is reaching further audiences. 

Much more important for small bands than blink but still, theres a purpose for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coightstanza said:

Yeah that incredibly well sold your and 10+ weeks at #1 on the charts was a massive fuck up! Don’t know how they’re gonna recover tbh.

I think it definitely depends on the music.  They could have dropped some pretty mid stuff with all the positive hype surrounding them and everyone would have ate it up.  Now, I think a lot of people will be like 'oh, I forgot they got back together! Let me check out it!' and actually give it a fair judgement and less consumed by the hype. 

But then again, I never would have guessed as many people would have cared as much as they did even about reuniting in their 50s.. #1 edging, sold out shows, etc. So I have no clue.  They kind of got lucky with how they got famous, and then they are with how they still are.  They released like 3 albums in their prime all within a few years of eachother, and people still hang onto that like it was yesterday. 

• Like 5