One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

17 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Did you hear that Tom is back in the band?

I’m still in shock!! The new song they keep promising “Up All Night” is going to be amazing I’m sure. Sure hope we don’t have to wait too long to hear it. 2009 is going to be a great year.

13 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

Of course. Always take anything like that with a grain of salt. But it’s incredibly naive to assume that there aren’t any people we tbh actual inside knowledge spreading rumours and sharing stuff online. We had someone on here that sent a bunch of Cali dlx songs to Ghent well before it came out.

Obviously. I wasn't referring to sources/sites that have already shown to have knowledge of what's to come (f.e. Hasitleaked or blink-Italia) but to anyone who writes on Reddit who could, by chance, guess any release date.

11 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh God that both excites and concerns me

It’ll be awful. This album is going to be a pile of shit I can sense it. I reckon Tom has completely sold out and has caved into to Mark’s pop punk nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

It’ll be awful. This album is going to be a pile of shit I can sense it. I reckon Tom has completely sold out and has caved into to Mark’s pop punk nonsense. 

I also have this same sneaking suspicion. Maybe Tom just wanted an easy life and acquiesced to Mark and Travis, didn't want the awkardness again. Gonna make me cry for some Neighbourhoods

• Sad 2

Part of me has that feeling as well.  While I'll take the overall excitement and moments here and there, I am getting that vibe about it all. It's a happy ending, but the music won't be that great.  Edging and what they've been saying/doing kind of points to that. Only working with their friends kind of gives me hope. 

I'm just hoping for 2 killer tracks is my expectation.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I also have this same sneaking suspicion. Maybe Tom just wanted an easy life and acquiesced to Mark and Travis, didn't want the awkardness again. Gonna make me cry for some Neighbourhoods

Tom probably just needs the cash. He went through a divorce, started a novel company that had a large staff of highly qualified (expensive) people that consistently operates at a loss, and already sold off his rights to the blink discography years ago. He’s hurtin 

• Like 2

Just now, Coightstanza said:

It’s going to be great guys chill.

It’s going to be a Travis influenced/produced album. Basically like Avril and MGK’s stuff but with Blink. I’m anticipating a 7/10 album (relative to their other material, where Enema-self titled are like 10/10), which is totally fine. For where they are at (age, lost Jerry Finn), this is not a bad result. 

i don't really care all that much. it's whatever they want to make at this point, and i'll be onboard i suppose. if tom is surrendering to that sort-of simple california style, it wouldn't be very surprising.  his demos album proved, as did his attitude with blink in the years since 2005, that he views it as a "nursery rhyme" cash machine with little value requiring minimal effort (the important work goes on elsewhere). travis and mark proved they only want to write within the retro pop-punk style -- or have others write it for them -- on the last two albums.

i'm hopeful with what tom has posted that there are things to appreciate about the new music that are more interesting and exploratory, things in the vein of untitled/neighborhoods, on the new record. EDGING didn't really give me that impression, though. but whatever it is, i'll be happy to buy it and support it. i think it's only right they're back together again, and if it's not quite my cup of tea, what do i care now? it's what THEY want to make. i've got the old albums.

• Like 6