One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Just now, Champ182 said:

I feel bad for anyone who logs in and sees several pages of new posts, thinking there has finally been news, only to click and find out it's all the usual nonsense.

Came here to say the same thing but ill take this over the reddit users posting the "what skiba songs will they play" 500 times a day

• Like 3

I think all the recent blink albums are well produced. There isn't one blink song that sounds like poor quality since the first two blink albums (I do love how Dude Ranch & Cheshire Cat sound though!). It's obvious they're well produced.

I think people just get the wrong idea of it being bad or good production, when it's really all about artistic choices by the band. I'm sure if blink wanted their albums sounding like Enema, Take Off & smiley face then they easily could get their stuff sounding like that.

But it's not what they want. Recent AVA records show that Tom is more into raw kinda sounds, like a garage/DIY kind of sound. Recent blink albums and albums produced by Travis show that Travis is more into the modern production methods. I guess Mark just goes with the flow and states his opinion in the moment.

I imagine it's gonna be a pretty balanced album with how it sounds. I don't like the mixing of Edging much. The drums are overbearing and way too loud. I can barely hear the bass guitar in the verses. The lead guitar part in the pre-chorus is way too quiet. There's also a cool lead guitar part in the chorus that in my opinion would make the song stand out so much more if it was louder. Mark's voice kinda sounds robotic in the second pre-chorus.

But I still think Edging is well produced. They were clearly happy with how it sounded. It does sound great. As someone that works on my own songs, I can't go against them for what they want. i'd love to be working with their sound engineers.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'll throw in a JarJar curveball opinion I've had for years. 

I think the +44 record sounds like ass, and mainly because of Travis' drums.  When he hits the cymbals, they just "stop" without ringing out if that makes any sense.  It's like someone is clasping them the second after he hits them, go listen and tell me if I'm crazy lmao. 

It has bugged me from day one of that record lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I think the +44 record sounds like ass, and mainly because of Travis' drums.  When he hits the cymbals, they just "stop" without ringing out if that makes any sense.  It's like someone is clasping them the second after he hits them, go listen and tell me if I'm crazy lmao. 

Boy I hope you're prepared to back this opinion up with all of the standard debate etiquette required by blink-182online.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Rebuttal:

eat a dick cunt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I agree with this take. The production of their album is just slightly below NH imo. 

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Boy I hope you're prepared to back this opinion up with all of the standard debate etiquette required by blink-182online.

I appreciate the shit slinging here, but you chose to advance a nonsensical argument and then make a mockery out of the whole thing once you realized defending it was untenable. 

• Like 1
  • Pickle 1

28 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm surprised nobody has commented about the guitars on this album haha. They have this dirty/dull-ish sound but I love it. I'm a fan of how this album sounds though.

I'm sure there's a lot of electronic percussion on this album though, that could be what you're hearing. Some of those digital cymbals do really sound ass on the likes of Logic Pro & Pro Tools haha

I wish Neighborhoods sounded more like this album tbh. The guitars on the Mark songs do sound kinda similar I think