One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

7 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Tom’s still recording vocals per Travis’s Instagram story. This album never coming out lol

I’m more worried about Travis and his finger. I know it sounds stupid to worry as he’s performed injured countless times before, I just have a bad feeling about this. 

• Wow 1

10 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

I’m more worried about Travis and his finger. I know it sounds stupid to worry as he’s performed injured countless times before, I just have a bad feeling about this. 

What did he do, smack the snare rim? Drums are already tracked and I’m sure it’ll be fine by tour time. Worse comes to worst, he’ll splint it.

6 minutes ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

What did he do, smack the snare rim? Drums are already tracked and I’m sure it’ll be fine by tour time. Worse comes to worst, he’ll splint it.

Apparently it’s either broken or dislocated 

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/20/travis-barker-finger-injury-brace-hand-drumming-blink-182-tour-rehearsal/

7 hours ago, kibbles said:

Tom’s still recording vocals per Travis’s Instagram story. This album never coming out lol

They haven't posted studio pictures for weeks, I still believe the album is pretty much done and maybe they're just adding the last touch to a few songs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I know I was just preaching patience like last week haha but... the first show of the reunion tour is just over 2 weeks away, it's time to tell the world what's up! Come on fellas.

No need to worry. It's blink. They always deliver when promised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I mean, to be fair, the fact they are putting this much overall effort into it is pretty crazy in itself.  Years ago blink there would be no 'final touches' or whatever they are obsessing on vs releasing it.

It's annoying, but seeing them still in the studio is pretty refreshing in some ways, even if it's bang average it won't be from frankensteining from afar at least.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

I mean, to be fair, the fact they are putting this much overall effort into it is pretty crazy in itself.  Years ago blink there would be no 'final touches' or whatever they are obsessing on vs releasing it.

It's annoying, but seeing them still in the studio is pretty refreshing in some ways, even if it's bang average it won't be from frankensteining from afar at least.

Yup well said! It's very cool that they're just keeping their heads down and actually WORKING. Pretty rad that one way or another we're going to see footage of Blink playing together in 16 days.

• Like 1

*somewhere in the middle of tour* 

"Yeah we decided to just scratch what we were working on, we wrote an entire album but then realized we wanted to go in so many directions and had so many good new ideas that we decided to scrap it and just work on it after the world tour!"

2024 baby

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yup well said! It's very cool that they're just keeping their heads down and actually WORKING. Pretty rad that one way or another we're going to see footage of Blink playing together in 16 days.

And they're really not giving anything away. 

• Like 1

Just now, kibbles said:

All this time was simply work on Anthem Pt 3, no other new songs. They’ll release that single and call it a year. 

I will barf.  Honestly, part of me is already losing my drive to listen to blink music, I know that will change when something comes out, but we are only getting older here. 

I know this contradicts what I said earlier, but I do think they are waiting too long to release any new single or anything at least for the non-hardcore fans, we will always listen, but I swear back when Edging came out, the whole world and people I had not talked to about blink in ages were coming out of the woodwork, the casuals, which are majority their sales, aren't going to lose momentum if they have not already with any type of reunion situation. 

• Like 1