One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

41 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Same thing. So tell me, what was it that really took the 0.2 off of the score for ya?

Ah, I thought you were Oliver for some reason and BK was closed this morning or something, this makes more sense now.  Nope, just Diddy being Diddy.

It's not a perfect 10 because I don't think it's quite as perfect of an album as Untitled and Dude Ranch are, so those are the bar.  But it's right up there with them because it's Mark's best work imo for 10 straight songs. 

I enjoy Mark Hoppus, try it sometime.

4 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

I like the +44 album better than most Beatles albums. I get the Beatles are like this huge deal and shit but I’m not gonna pretend I love everything they do just because of that. It’s not really my style.

Mine either, but I can listen to the art objectively and say , yea, clearly this is better music in every way imaginable than +44, Personal feelings aside 

• Crab 2
  • Pickle 1

1 hour ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Lol I’m just saying it’s overrated because people act like it’s on par with the greatest records of all time around here. There’s genuinely people here who would try and dare say it’s better than some Beatles records. That’s all I’m saying is people should slow their roll a little bit. I don’t think that’s overreacting. Rating the +43 record a 10/10…now that’s an overreaction 

Do you prefer Yellow Submarine over the +44 album?

• Haha 2

I think I prefer the +44 album to most Blink albums nowqdays. Like it more than the Feldy albums obvs. I like it more thsn toypaj and smiley face and neighborhoods. Maybe even Buddha. The only blink album it doesn't beat is DR, CC and Enema. It's also the best side project album I must admit. And it's better than Yellow Submarine, Let It Be and the White Album.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Why though? What makes it objectively better?

Better musicianship, better lyrics, more creative, more original. I dunno, I’ll stop tho because I love mark and im not trying to shit on him, that’s an unfair comparison anyways. I just think it’s silly to hand out 9.8/10s to every album just because you like the artist. Even if you asked me to rank my all time favorite albums I wouldn’t be just giving everything a 9.8/10

• Crab 1

WYHSB is also one of the last albums that truly felt dedicated start to finish (from bands I listened to) to be a cohesive piece.  Feels like some point after that it became pretty common ground to be more focused on singles, playlist adds, streaming, etc, where albums were just kind of still put out but not much emphasis on how they all flowed start to finish.  That definitely was a dying art in the late 2000s and now is just hardly even a thing.

CD's with their little lyric booklets was really the last of that evolution of an 'album'.  

There's still some traditional artists, no doubt, it's just a dying thing and pretty dead with Spotify running things.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Better musicianship,

Debatable

better lyrics,

Debatable

more creative,

Debatable

more original.

I'll give you that, because, earlier times, but evolution of music and peak in a type of music combats it and kind of evens it out.  You're right, WYHSB is better than any Beatles albums, never really thought about it that way, but this puts it in perspective and kind of solidifies it.

I dunno, I’ll stop tho because I love mark and im not trying to shit on him, that’s an unfair comparison anyways. I just think it’s silly to hand out 9.8/10s to every album just because you like the artist. Even if you asked me to rank my all time favorite albums I wouldn’t be just giving everything a 9.8/10

We're on a blink182 message board.  You often forget this.  Like I'm really going to factor in all the bands ever in existence just to make sure Self Titled/Dude Ranch (the bar for me) is an 8.7 instead of a 10 when comparing albums.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

Debatable

Debatable

Debatable

I'll give you that, because, earlier times, but evolution of music and peak in a type of music combats it and kind of evens it out.  You're right, WYHSB is better than any Beatles albums, never really thought about it that way, but this puts it in perspective and kind of solidifies it.

We're on a blink182 message board.  You often forget this.  Like I'm really going to factor in all the bands ever in existence just to make sure Self Titled/Dude Ranch (the bar for me) is an 8.7 instead of a 10 when comparing albums.

Fair enough dude, you know I gotta pull on your jockstrap sometimes 

🩲

3 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Fair enough dude, you know I gotta pull on your jockstrap sometimes 

What does that mean Diddy?

Here you go Diddy, if we're talking all-time, I'm giving Self Titled an 8.3.

If we're talking 2000s, we're going 9.7.

If we're talking blink, I'm going 10.

If we're talking vs Beatles, I'm going 11.

Pop-punk genre as a whole? 9.8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

What does that mean Diddy?

Here you go Diddy, if we're talking all-time, I'm giving Self Titled an 8.3.

If we're talking 2000s, we're going 9.7.

If we're talking blink, I'm going 10.

If we're talking vs Beatles, I'm going 11.

Pop-punk genre as a whole? 9.8

I don’t know I just thought it sounded cool. Dude I’m over the ranking stuff lol , I said my old man gripe now let’s all get along 

+44 lyrics:

Your heart is a grave to be perfectly honest
Your mouth's a smoking gun
And you smile while you're twisting the knife in my stomach
'Til everything is gone

Beatles lyrics:

Yeah, you got that somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I say that somethin'
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand

hmmmmm wonder which one is better?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

+44 lyrics:

'Til everything is gone

Beatles lyrics:

I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand

hmmmmm wonder which one is better?

Cherry picking much? Mark himself would call you insane right now. And those +44 lyrics are cringe af anyways, super edgelord vibes, someone trying to sound more brilliant than they actually are 

• Crab 1

11 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

+44 lyrics:

'Til everything is gone

Beatles lyrics:

I want to hold your hand