One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Yeah, there is nothing they could possibly release that would be universally praised here. Just bank on at least half the posters here shitting on it, no matter which direction they go.

This trend goes back to Untitled.

• Like 1

I’m usually pretty hyped for at least the first 5-15 listens and then start to notice the warts around then. That only became the case from NH onwards, likely due to the absence of Finn and the band slowly exiting their primes.

Some posters conflate insightful or genuine criticism with being a negative hater because they can’t handle their favourite band being criticized. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Some posters conflate insightful or genuine criticism with being a negative hater because they can’t handle their favourite band being criticized. 

How many times you going to repeat this holmes

• Like 1

Maybe Ghent is right and we really are just all miserable. Listened to Edging today in the car after my +44 binge and it sounded pretty damn good. Sunny day, seems like a good summer hangout song.  Ending is great.  Doesn't sound like old 2003 blink so what? They were in a different place at that time.  Still sounds exactly like blink with Tom & Mark.  I Feel So by Boxcar came on next and I thought it was so cool, but if they released that today it'd be so cringe like who do these 40/50 year olds think they are?

Only thing is still the guitar volume, but honestly it could very well not fit the song to be too guitar heavy, and I have no doubt there will be songs where the guitars bang. I mean it's Tom, Travis is not crazy and loves Tom. No way he does that on every song. Tom said so himself on IG.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

why do you think anything's coming out soon again..?

Idk, maybe because they've been saying it's the best album yet (Tom) and they are going on Tour really soon, and nothing but studio pics has been posted since Edging in October.  They've been together since earlier in 2022.

Ya know, maybe it's that JarJar.  Maybe I'm not the crazy one here.  Release some shit already!!