One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

1 hour ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

You’re just now figuring this out? The only thread that gets consistent action is the Donald Trump thread. This place is in shambles. 

Create some content for us elsewhere then man! Think of all the bickering we could do

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Create some content for us elsewhere then man! Think of all the bickering we could do

Hey I wasn’t the one being mad about it! Lol. Looks like some of these tour dates may be getting postponed in the near future so we can always gripe about that!

1 hour ago, Knapppers said:

7 pages in a day and no news. This place is desperate for anything right now 

Were you even around during the Neighborhoods days?  I dunno if some of you people would have survived from 2009 through 2011. And shit, that was only 2 years, at the end of the day, even though they couldn't get together to get shit done, they still managed to complete an album in 2 years, which is a hell of a lot better than what a lot of other bands can say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

You guys are pissing off grandpa!

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. 'Gimme five bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now where were we...oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Were you even around during the Neighborhoods days?  I dunno if some of you people would have survived from 2009 through 2011. And shit, that was only 2 years, at the end of the day, even though they couldn't get together to get shit done, they still managed to complete an album in 2 years, which is a hell of a lot better than what a lot of other bands can say.

Mike, I’m sure you remember the pre-reunion days in this section. Talk about a wasteland. I remember you were one of the main posters back then because you were able to come up with random shit to talk about. That was helpful when there wasn’t any news and the band was completely dead lol

Stuff like “did mark and tom make out in the I Miss You video??” would be all there was to work with for weeks at a time

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Mike, I’m sure you remember the pre-reunion days in this section. Talk about a wasteland. I remember you were one of the main posters back then because you were able to come up with random shit to talk about. That was helpful when there wasn’t any news and the band was completely dead lol

Stuff like “did mark and tom make out in the I Miss You video??” would be all there was to work with for weeks at a time

Haha I was perhaps too obsessed back then, and my world did shatter in a lot of ways when they had broke up in 2005.  I had built up the band as such a huge part of my life back then that it was devastating when it all went to shit.  I would cling to any ridiculous fanboy thought I had and bring it up on these boards, it wasn't always received well (though some of it was), but it was that same energy that led to me compiling the best mashups and stuff like that.  I will always happily wear my blink fandom on my sleeve, and I don't regret the energy I brought to these boards in that time.  And if it brought other posters here like you even just a little bit of joy or just something they were happy to talk about or even thrash to pieces, then honestly, I'm happy I was a part of that.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1