One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Thing is we know something is coming. They’ve recorded an album, tour starting soon. It’s inevitable that we get some news soon. But people love to look for signs during these dry spells. This could very well mean we’re getting news in the next couple of days and that’s why Mark did it Or he just did it for the sake of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Has Elon done anything new lately to warrant such a thing?  Feels like all has gone quiet on that months long Twitter drama trip, so now would seem an odd time to do anything as some sort of symbol against Musk.

Having said that, not sure what it would really have to do with the new album or tour either, like why would all of his Twitter need to be wiped just to focus on the next era of blink?  Doesn't really make much sense.

Does Mark have some really old tweets that he could get cancelled over lol?  Seriously though, I don't understand this move at all, just seems odd in general.

I made the Elon comment in jest. He did it the Sunday before a promo week. Seems pretty obvious to me we’re getting news this week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I made the Elon comment in jest. He did it the Sunday before a promo week. Seems pretty obvious to me we’re getting news this week.

Fuck your starts next week right? Well meant to start. Didn’t realise it was that soon.

7 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Fuck your starts next week right? Well meant to start. Didn’t realise it was that soon.

What's the plan for Travis, is he gonna play with just one arm again?  Still can't believe that madman was able to do that.  Or is a broken finger not too big of a deal for the guy and he'll still play with both hands?

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

What's the plan for Travis, is he gonna play with just one arm again?  Still can't believe that madman was able to do that.  Or is a broken finger not too big of a deal for the guy and he'll still play with both hands?

Nothing has been said so far. No indication from anyone in the band whether they’re cancelling or going ahead.

Just now, Coightstanza said:

Wasn’t it if nothing has happened by this Friday? You gave it a week and if not you’re out? Did I misunderstand?

Jan forgot about time zones, his Friday and your Friday were different things and he forgot to specify.

14 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Wasn’t it if nothing has happened by this Friday? You gave it a week and if not you’re out? Did I misunderstand?

I was definitely doubling down on last friday by midnight (central - Freedom time) but I'll take this Friday now lmao.  

Think need to up it then, maybe a week + a 2 week profile name change?

8 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Lol if one of them actually rage quit after the album was recorded preventing it from coming out I think it would be the end of their career after all we’ve been through

I think, from my speculation and mild knowledge of all this stuff, touring is by far their biggest money maker, Mark dipped out to Idaho with his normal friends/family probably either pre-planned OR because Travis' injury was from something stupid and too stressful aka they aren't doing the S.A. tour anymore, Mark was fed up, some argument presumed, Mark has dealt with this his whole life at this point with someone in blink limiting their profitably with touring. 

It wouldn't be blink without some drama like this though, it's quiet which was part of their marketing plan this time around, but too quiet.

I read something on reddit here about how they were supposed to do a surprise appearance at the Offspring concert, some fans were saying they saw a bunch of blink merch and someone confirmed they cancelled because Travis. 

Maybe Travis isn't allowing them to go without him too. Who knows. 

7 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

I think, from my speculation and mild knowledge of all this stuff, touring is by far their biggest money maker, Mark dipped out to Idaho with his normal friends/family probably either pre-planned OR because Travis' injury was from something stupid and too stressful aka they aren't doing the S.A. tour anymore, Mark was fed up, some argument presumed, Mark has dealt with this his whole life at this point with someone in blink limiting their profitably with touring. 

Please tell me you’re just taking the piss? The amount of reach here is unfathomable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1