One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I didn't buy California or Nine, and I like them both enough to own them, I had just completely moved on from physical media for music by that point.  I will still buy the occasional album on vinyl for the novelty of it all or if I love the art. Retroactively, I do wish I had pre-ordered the Nine Vinyl that came with that awesome neon blink smiley sign, that thing looks so sick. 

• Wow 2

i’m the opposite @M!ke lol — i only collect blink’s albums and almost no other memorabilia. i actually quite like the california deluxe vinyl — IIRC the interior art is a different landscape depending on its release country. 

i preordered the new record of course too. i’m a completist 

• Like 1

I always buy blink on CDs, probably to keep a complete collection. California and NINE included. But I still stream the music when I want to listen to it. And l don’t purchase physical media for other bands anymore.

Maybe CDs will have a revival one day like vinyls did. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

How much does it cost to buy a record player + decent speakers? Basically something to play vinyl assuming i currently have nothing 

I bought my record player like 10 years ago and it was $499 but it’s way over the top. Has like usb connect and all this shit I never used. I think I just googled best record players or something and it included Dj ones and all that. You definitely don’t need to spend that much for good quality sound. I also just listen through my tv surround speakers cause it looks aesthetically pleasing on my tv cabinet.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Aaron Rubin posted on Instagram saying the new album is 14 tracks and mixing is done. 

Some people on Reddit are saying it's 14 tracks being mixed on one specific song and not 14 actual songs.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

11 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Some people on Reddit are saying it's 14 tracks being mixed on one specific song and not 14 actual songs.

Yeah, I went to reddit and Aaron's instagram to check... Unless Aaron changed his post on instagram it says "Tuesday in the studio" nothing about being done mixing the blink album or how many songs there are. Meanwhile, the image being posted about on reddit is a screengrab from 'angelsandairwavesnews' saying it's being mixed and confusing DAW tracks with like a playlist or something. Which also means we don't know how many songs will be on this album either (so be safe I'll assume at least 10))

I'd love for the album to be finished because there's a chance we might get it sooner if it is... However, don't wanna get my hype up on false hopes. Learned that many times (even had it reinforced a few times).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Monkey Chips said:

Yeah, I went to reddit and Aaron's instagram to check... Unless Aaron changed his post on instagram it says "Tuesday in the studio" nothing about being done mixing the blink album or how many songs there are. Meanwhile, the image being posted about on reddit is a screengrab from 'angelsandairwavesnews' saying it's being mixed and confusing DAW tracks with like a playlist or something. Which also means we don't know how many songs will be on this album either (so be safe I'll assume at least 10))

I'd love for the album to be finished because there's a chance we might get it sooner if it is... However, don't wanna get my hype up on false hopes. Learned that many times (even had it reinforced a few times).

When Monkey Chips comments, I react 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkey Chips said:

My bad, my reading comprehension failed me. So really the only update is that they’re still mixing the album. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

Aaron Rubin posted on Instagram saying the new album is 14 tracks and mixing is done. 

Damn you are the worst poster here.  Got me going.  14 tracks sounds amazing.  It was just some misinterpretation, he was mixing one song, and they counted out 14 recording tracks/layers to the song or w.e in the one song he was mixing. 

He did say he was working on blink though in the comments.

9 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

Damn you are the worst poster here.  Got me going.  14 tracks sounds amazing.  It was just some misinterpretation, he was mixing one song, and they counted out 14 recording tracks/layers to the song or w.e in the one song he was mixing. 

He did say he was working on blink though in the comments.

How many of those tracks contained guitar? 0?