One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

Edging is a good song

If they're gonna go the California styled route, well they nailed it with Edging

That song is better than 90% of that album and it has no woahs or gang vocals and no annoying autotuned Feldman styled harmonies. They perfected the California sound with Edging IMO

Tom has literally said that there's all kinda songs on this album and that Edging was just the fun simple song of the album. I believe him when he says there are progressive songs. His track record proves that he gets more progressive with each album anyway

I think it's gonna be a good album

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

29 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Edging is a good song

If they're gonna go the California styled route, well they nailed it with Edging

That song is better than 90% of that album and it has no woahs or gang vocals and no annoying autotuned Feldman styled harmonies. They perfected the California sound with Edging IMO

Tom has literally said that there's all kinda songs on this album and that Edging was just the fun simple song of the album. I believe him when he says there are progressive songs. His track record proves that he gets more progressive with each album anyway

when blink starts floating words like "progressive" around all I can think of is Love is Dangerous and Fighting the Gravity.

ew.

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

36 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

https://fb.watch/je-X1jRxYs/

No clue if this will work or not, but it looks like Mark and/or Tom might be starting the media circus. Podcast coming up later today with Jaret and Gary (lead singer/guitarist and drummer of Bowling For Soup)

It’s just him talking about blink though right? Blink aren’t actually on the pod

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Edging is a good song

Lol Edging is better than 90% of California? No it’s not, the lyrics are more cringe than 95% of California, the song has literally no heart. You’re biased because of Tom, clearly. 

• Pickle 2

6 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Edging is a good song

Nah bro. Its literally on par WITH 90% of California

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

It’s just him talking about blink though right? Blink aren’t actually on the pod

No clue mate, wasn't out when I posted and haven't had a chance to catch it yet. Historically they've always had the guest on the pod and chatted the shit so I'd doubt this would be any different 🤷

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

See I love those two songs haha

Me too, especially Fighting the Gravity.  I would seriously love a blink album full of songs like Fighting the Gravity; I feel like Los Angeles was really in that same vein too even if it was a Skiba era song.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

6 hours ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Lol Edging is better than 90% of California? No it’s not, the lyrics are more cringe than 95% of California, the song has literally no heart. You’re biased because of Tom, clearly. 

Biased? Ha. I prefer Mark as a songwriter than Tom. I also think Nine is a great album, so I'm far from biased.

Edging IMO is better than 90% of California.

Los Angeles, Bottom of the Ocean, Long Lost Feeling & San Diego are the only songs I love from that album. Feldman really does ruin that album. He at least takes a step back with Nine (it still has some annoying Feldman crap but nowhere near as much as California)

The octave chord riff in the verses is more catchy than anything alone on California. The lyrics I can agree need work, but it's no more cringe than what's on California. The more serious California songs have good lyrics though

• Like 1
  • Pickle 1

27 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Me too, especially Fighting the Gravity.  I would seriously love a blink album full of songs like Fighting the Gravity; I feel like Los Angeles was really in that same vein too even if it was a Skiba era song.

Yeah, I heard the same FTG vibe from Los Angeles too, especially on the intro. It's like the perfect blend of blink, +44 and that FTG vibe. Great song

31 minutes ago, M!ke said:

My god this would be awful lmao. Love you tho mike.

I can't stand Los Angeles besides the bridge, sounds like some terrible nu-metal/pop rock band, just awful.

• Like 2