One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

9 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Exactly. To pretend it’s better than California is some of the silliest shit I’ve heard all year 

"Pretend" 😂

It's opinions dude. My opinion is California is a poor album for blink's standards and that Edging is better than the majority of it. Can't even remember the last time I listened to California. Edging is still stuck in my head today. Ain't no pretending about it

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

"Pretend" 😂

It's opinions dude. My opinion is California is a poor album for blink's standards and that Edging is better than the majority of it. Can't even remember the last time I listened to California. Edging is still stuck in my head today. Ain't no pretending about it

Personal preference is one thing. But knocking Feldman’s production on California while praising edging is still silly as fuck. Don’t even make me mention the subject matter and lyrics. It’s not in a tier above California by any stretch of the imagination, sorry dude 

30 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Personal preference is one thing. But knocking Feldman’s production on California while praising edging is still silly as fuck. Don’t even make me mention the subject matter and lyrics. It’s not in a tier above California by any stretch of the imagination, sorry dude 

I didn't praise the production of Edging. However, I'm not a huge fan of the production of Edging. The drums are way too loud and the guitars are too quiet. Mark also sounds kinda like a robot in the second pre-chorus

But unlike California, it actually has an interesting guitar part in the verses even if it's very simple. It has no annoying gang vocals or woahs.

California has way too much of that crap. I wouldn't mind it if it was on like 2-3 songs but my god, they're on nearly every song. Not to mention that overplayed BTD styled riff and that chord progression that's on nearly every damn song too.

It takes me out of the song to the point I laugh whenever I hear gang vocals or woahs/nananas on songs Feldman was involved with. The same exact things can be heard on other albums he's produced for other bands. Thank god he took a step back with Nine. Much better album. He's better when he backs off a bit.

Edging would fit perfectly on California. It has that vibe. But it's got more to it. The bridge is quality IMO. The only thing Edging needs are good lyrics, but there's nothing on there that actually makes me cringe lyrically.

That's not me praising the lyrics btw. I actually rate most of the California lyrics when they're not singing about parking lots, Friday nights or starting wildfires. Edging just has Tom's vulgar styled lyrics just like TOYPAJ does really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

My god this would be awful lmao. Love you tho mike.

I can't stand Los Angeles besides the bridge, sounds like some terrible nu-metal/pop rock band, just awful.

That's what I hear in FTG too. At least LA has that bridge.

27 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

One guy has nothing to do with blink and would be a feature, the other is trying to control the band and turn them into matcha latte pop punk

We’ve heard 1 song lol. Who knows what the rest might sound like. Could even get an album mix of edging that fixes the stuff you hate.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

We’ve heard 1 song lol. Who knows what the rest might sound like. Could even get an album mix of edging that fixes the stuff you hate.

Even if the guitars were louder or something, the song is still just as shallow and cheesy lol , there’s no fixing the song