One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I probably brought this up at the beginning of new album discussion, but do you guys think we get guest vocals on any of the songs? We know the band is ok with it, with Robert Smith, Yelawolf, and Tim Armstrong in the past, along with a shit ton of collabs during the Skiba era. I’m thinking the most likely would be Avril, MGK, or KennyHoopla. 

8 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I probably brought this up at the beginning of new album discussion, but do you guys think we get guest vocals on any of the songs? We know the band is ok with it, with Robert Smith, Yelawolf, and Tim Armstrong in the past, along with a shit ton of collabs during the Skiba era. I’m thinking the most likely would be Avril, MGK, or KennyHoopla. 

Hope not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Worst poster here said:

When did Tim Armstrong lend vocals on a blink track?

I truly, truly hope there are no guest spots on this album. I hope the fact that they didn't even entertain the possibility of a substitute drummer for the South American shows means that they want the album to be "us three guys" all the way as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Probably referring to Cat Like Thief by Box Car Racer

Yup, just because it was 2/3 blink 

24 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I truly, truly hope there are no guest spots on this album. I hope the fact that they didn't even entertain the possibility of a substitute drummer for the South American shows means that they want the album to be "us three guys" all the way as well.

I wouldn’t mind if it was tastefully done. Might be better for a 2nd disc if they release a Deluxe album in the future like what they did with Cali. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Los Angeles is a cool song. Weird sound for blink but works on the album.

FTG remains a colossal stinker though, sorry

And you love the shit-stain that is This Is Home, sorry. Funny how alienating Neighborhoods is.  There definitely is something there for everyone, but it seems that very few (if any) blink fans consider it a perfect album from start to finish. 

I'd be fascinated if Dance With Me does resurface as a blink song, especially since like a week or two ago, I chose that song specifically to try and mess with AI programs to see if I could make one of the better live recordings of the song sound better.  I didn't have much luck, but it was literally the only song I was trying it with, after literally years of not even really thinking about the song.  Kinda feels like it was out in the ether or whatever and I somehow tuned in (I mean if it really is being properly recorded and released anyway).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kibbles said:

When asked if it was an old unreleased song Tom said it was a new song they did a couple years ago, so I wonder if there’s still another song out there but regardless, stoked to hear dance with me

It’ll probably end up being a reworked and expanded version of the old BCR song. What BCR played live never really sounded like a full song, just sort of a basic idea.

• Like 3

Just now, just_bringing_good_chats said:

its march 14, they need 2 stop being slugs and finish this up so they can have this out around june first at latiest,

this is summer music, we want it for summer

releasing this in october would just mess it all up and be totally the wrong timing

i swear mark tom and travis are real fuck up these days

lol, We want summer music! Literally is still winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1