One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

1 minute ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

yes but im starting to feel it, snow's almost gona and u have these nice warm fronts

Hey I get it, but if the demand is a summer album, then there are still 3 full months to meet that demand before the season even starts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Hey I get it, but if the demand is a summer album, then there are still 3 full months to meet that demand before the season even starts.

imi'mall for them taking their time to get it right, but they have this annoying bad habit now of taking 12 months to release an album that really should take 3-4 months to release

as seen with california and nine and neighborhood

they seem to think its necessary to do that and its not

imi'mall for them taking their time to get it right, but they have this annoying bad habit now of taking 12 months to release an album that really should take 3-4 months to release

as seen with california and nine and neighborhood

they seem to think its necessary to do that and its not

I mean Untitled was supposed to be like 3 months, and turned into a full year, and if a wait of 9 months was what it took to make that album what it is, then I have zero issue with that whatsoever.  Fact of the matter is, just a single year spent on a single album is not an abnormally long time for any band to spend, sure plenty are done faster, but many are also done over way more time.  I just don't get how people are already getting impatient with this one, seems baffling to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I mean Untitled was supposed to be like 3 months, and turned into a full year, and if a wait of 9 months was what it took to make that album what it is, then I have zero issue with that whatsoever.  Fact of the matter is, just a single year spent on a single album is not an abnormally long time for any band to spend, sure plenty are done faster, but many are also done over way more time.  I just don't get how people are already getting impatient with this one, seems baffling to me.

the untilted album was a unique case where, they had to take this long to get it right due to his complexion, and depth, its just not something they could have nailed in 2-3 months

they realy lost themselves into that album creation and it shows on that record, so thats acceptable, but taking same time for somehting like nine is not acceptable and they need 2 be told that

theyve been working on this since prob atleast septmember this is prety much 7 months in already

for me whats pissing me off is not to have to wait, its the context of how, theyve been gossiping sasies talking about releasing an ep and then well maybe a single and then its a single and then no more ep

didnt tom say the album was done back in septimber? thats what im saying

and then it lingers like that, its a continuty of that me being upset about it

id let them know if i could, that being said if the album is out before june first then im ok with that or ill acept it, if the album is terrific but it will do mess witth its vibe if they wait after summer to release it

the untilted album was a unique case where, they had to take this long to get it right due to his complexion, and depth, its just not something they could have nailed in 2-3 months

they realy lost themselves into that album creation and it shows on that record, so thats acceptable, but taking same time for somehting like nine is not acceptable and they need 2 be told that

theyve been working on this since prob atleast septmember this is prety much 7 months in already

for me whats pissing me off is not to have to wait, its the context of how, theyve been gossiping sasies talking about releasing an ep and then well maybe a single and then its a single and then no more ep

didnt tom say the album was done back in septimber? thats what im saying

and then it lingers like that, its a continuty of that me being upset about it

id let them know if i could, that being said if the album is out before june first then im ok with that or ill acept it, if the album is terrific but it will do mess witth its vibe if they wait after summer to release it

Nothing you're saying is making anybody's impatience make a lick of sense to me. I mean you remind me of a child who can't wait for Christmas, how is a 7 month wait for a brand new album making you this restless?  I just don't get it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Nothing you're saying is making anybody's impatience make a lick of sense to me. I mean you remind me of a child who can't wait for Christmas, how is a 7 month wait for a brand new album making you this restless?  I just don't get it.  

Your first mistake was reading that guy’s posts. As previously noted, he drinks horse cum for a living. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I hope everyone angry about the wait is disappointed by the album. Severely disappointed. I’m talking, like, your own parent’s disappointment in you levels of disappointment.

Good chats is gonna be really angry when he hears the whole album of Edgings 

• Haha 1

Y'all are neurotic as hell.  THEY are annoying for hyping it to bits about 'been done, time to edge' when they clearly had some things to work out + the SA thing.  But take as long as needed to make this what they want, the fact they might even know what they are wanting is crazy enough.  If they were lazy, just not getting together or w.e, sure, yeah, F off, but they have been in the studio more times then they ever have since Untitled. Way better than the alternative, rushing out some filler mush.

Not saying it'll be great, but it feels better that they're putting all this time into it tbh.  Pleasantly surprised. 

Yes this does not match my username.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

Y'all are neurotic as hell.  THEY are annoying for hyping it to bits about 'been done, time to edge' when they clearly had some things to work out + the SA thing.  But take as long as needed to make this what they want, the fact they might even know what they are wanting is crazy enough.  If they were lazy, just not getting together or w.e, sure, yeah, F off, but they have been in the studio more times then they ever have since Untitled. Way better than the alternative, rushing out some filler mush.

Not saying it'll be great, but it feels better that they're putting all this time into it tbh.  Pleasantly surprised. 

This was a pain in the ass to read 

3 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

To be fair, they haven’t really hyped it up. They announced being back together, they announced a grand tour, and they announced making an album. Tom said his usual “best songs we’ve ever written” spiel, Travis had some lame drum videos and I don’t recall Mark saying or doing anything. It’s been pretty radio silent this whole time. It’s the fans that are working themselves into a tizzy with theories and hypotheticals. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Yes cancelling the shows because of that injury was an overreaction. You are right.

Such a dumb opinion. The 3 of them haven’t played together in years, they were never going to start off shows without one or the other. That’s very fair, I don’t understand how you guys think it could possibly play out any differently, and for you to expect them to a) have Travis play one handed , or b) find a quick replacement is shitty of you

• Crab 1

18 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Such a dumb opinion. The 3 of them haven’t played together in years, they were never going to start off shows without one or the other. That’s very fair, I don’t understand how you guys think it could possibly play out any differently, and for you to expect them to a) have Travis play one handed , or b) find a quick replacement is shitty of you

You’re working yourself into a frenzy again.

• Haha 1

At this point it would be perfect if the album also included:

- a properly recorded version of Mandy by BCR

- the completion of some of these recent demos by AvA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjsyERmp6Q

- the completion of these historic plus 44 demos:

https://youtu.be/T_Q8bWc-Iag

https://youtu.be/Wp_DxE-u-4o

- the Holy Grail: a studio version of A Letter to Elise cover

• Like 1