One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 hours ago, Frank Woods said:

At this point it would be perfect if the album also included:

- a properly recorded version of Mandy by BCR

- the completion of some of these recent demos by AvA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjsyERmp6Q

- the completion of these historic plus 44 demos:

https://youtu.be/T_Q8bWc-Iag

https://youtu.be/Wp_DxE-u-4o

- the Holy Grail: a studio version of A Letter to Elise cover

I don't think they could recreate the Letter to Elise as well as when they recorded it live.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, allsystemsgo said:

I don't think they could recreate the Letter to Elise as well as when they recorded it live.

Yeah this would be my worry too. I kinda had the same opinion of After Midnight when that was first released. It wasn't what I was expecting at all.

At the time, I was kinda expecting a more stadium rock vibe that was there when they played it live but it turns out Tom was improvising on his guitar and the actual song sounded a bit more generic.

I still love the song though haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allsystemsgo said:

Yeah, it would be almost guaranteed to disappoint. May have worked if they did it back in that time period, but too late now.

23 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

So that photo Tom posted of them in the studio, the album still isn't done then?

Who knows? Everybody working on the album seem to be in completely different mindsets as to the progress of the album. Disorganization is blink's forte.

18 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah this would be my worry too. I kinda had the same opinion of After Midnight when that was first released. It wasn't what I was expecting at all.

At the time, I was kinda expecting a more stadium rock vibe that was there when they played it live but it turns out Tom was improvising on his guitar and the actual song sounded a bit more generic.

I remember the live debut of the song being better than the studio version.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

“Improvising.”‘I saw a video of them performing this live recently and there were obvious guitar back tracks . I doubt he improvised anything 

40 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

So that photo Tom posted of them in the studio, the album still isn't done then?

13 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

Who knows? Everybody working on the album seem to be in completely different mindsets as to the progress of the album.

Yeah I don't really know what to think either. I think Aaron Rubin posted a photo of a song being mixed and said the next single is 'imminent,' Travis posted what could be a tracklist idea then also tweeted that a former BCR idea made it onto the album, then Tom posted that pic of Mark still recording bass... Kinda confusing but I think those are the most recent updates.

Back in the day they would have to be DONE tracking everything before they could send it off to be mixed and mastered, but nowadays it's easier to keep tweaking all the way up to the last second. So I assume they're prettyyy close to wrapping it all up, even if they're still going back in and trying out different bass parts for a certain song or whatever.

The injury/cancellations fucked up the vibes pretty bad but the studio stuff still has me excited... It's pretty clear that they haven't worked this hard or this closely since Untitled.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

“Improvising.”‘I saw a video of them performing this live recently and there were obvious guitar back tracks . I doubt he improvised anything 

I think he's talking about when Blink performed After Midnight before Neighborhoods came out. Tom's bridge/solo riff was awesome on the live video that got passed around at that time, then the album version turned out to be a lot more plain.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think he's talking about when Blink performed After Midnight before Neighborhoods came out. Tom's bridge/solo riff was awesome on the live video that got passed around at that time, then the album version turned out to be a lot more plain.

The tone of the guitar in the bridge was very close to that of the Untitled tour. Too bad that in the album version the guitar is too low

Tbf, Mark could’ve just been pissing about on the bass inbetween listening back to tracks during the sequencing process.

Like, him holding a bass in the studio doesn’t mean he’s only now tracking bass parts. 

Thats me being wishful thinkingy, probably, but musicians noodle while chatting all the time lol

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tbf, Mark could’ve just been pissing about on the bass inbetween listening back to tracks during the sequencing process.

Like, him holding a bass in the studio doesn’t mean he’s only now tracking bass parts. 

Thats me being wishful thinkingy, probably, but musicians noodle while chatting all the time lol

Didn’t know Mark enjoyed fishing so much. I’m more of a salmon and trout guy myself 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

This was my thought too. Figured they were just listening to tracks that have come back mixed/mastered and deciding on sequencing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

This was my thought too. Figured they were just listening to tracks that have come back mixed/mastered and deciding on sequencing.

That’s probably what the list Travis posted was for, yeah.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt. said:

That’s probably what the list Travis posted was for, yeah.

Yeah exactly and Mark picked up a bass when they were talking about putting the boxcar racer song on the album because he felt awkward and didn’t know what to do with his hands.

It all makes sense.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kay said:

True! Or playing along to prepare for playing new songs live...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Yeah exactly and Mark picked up a bass when they were talking about putting the boxcar racer song on the album because he felt awkward and didn’t know what to do with his hands.

It all makes sense.

Travis probably hit Mark. Daddy Tom is back home again and Mark’s insolence will not go unpunished. Travis will make sure his master is respected.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Listen to the videos back in 2011 before the actual release of After Midnight lol

He doesn't play whats in the real bridge at all. He's always improvising. Does it in I Miss You too