One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I still think Tom was lying about that entire "odds and ends" demos album. That shit sucked. None of it sounds like it was actually being considered for Blink, I think he just threw it all together in a week or two to try to save face after leaving the band again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

things like this concern me lol.  hopefully Mark/Travis will veto.

I wouldn’t mind something like that, I don’t think it’s terrible and it would work as a song to break the album up a bit.

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I still think Tom was lying about that entire "odds and ends" demos album. That shit sucked. None of it sounds like it was actually being considered for Blink, I think he just threw it all together in a week or two to try to save face after leaving the band again.

If both of them decided to make an we're 16 and we're from California record and the kings of the weekend, I'd be creeped out.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

it was probably one of the most infuriating moments ever as a blink fan. he was shocked they kicked him out, and in an unusual amount of pettiness, slapped together some "demos" in a month to prove he was working on blink all along. the sad part is is that many casual fans probably believed him. the irritating thing for us hardcore fans is that it was obvious it was rushed and it mostly sucked. but the single most frustrating thing about that debacle is that it proved in some areas -- new world, the riff in golden showers -- that tom still had it in him to make cool stuff, he just chose not to.

i haven't listened to it in many years, but it's a vastly insulting and disappointing work altogether. new world is about the only salvageable tune.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, boxelder said:

it was probably one of the most infuriating moments ever as a blink fan. he was shocked they kicked him out, and in an unusual amount of pettiness, slapped together some "demos" in a month to prove he was working on blink all along. the sad part is is that many casual fans probably believed him. the irritating thing for us hardcore fans is that it was obvious it was rushed and it mostly sucked. but the single most frustrating thing about that debacle is that it proved in some areas -- new world, the riff in golden showers -- that tom still had it in him to make cool stuff, he just chose not to.

i haven't listened to it in many years, but it's a vastly insulting and disappointing work altogether. new world is about the only salvageable tune.

"I was on the phone with venues trying to book shows!!" hahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I dunno, he definitely posted a clip of that Animals song and said it was a new blink song he was working on. 100%

And a lot of the lyrical content is forced sounding blink material

• Like 2

we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. we need new music. 

• Like 2

Invisible Parade was alright (although I wish he actually bothered to take a second pass at the fucking recording of the acoustic guitar because it’s dog shit in places)

theres okay moments in other songs like circle jerk pit and animals but mostly its a big ol’ pile of wank.

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

its good what ur saying and i belive it but u need 2 remember those were demos and sold as demos so cant expect anything too great either, also new world was fantastic def could have been a blink song

Y’all crazy Tom posted a printout of the lyrics to golden showers back in 2013 and guitar amp or some shit. It’s clear he just slapped together a bunch of demos he was working on, at the pace he works there’s no way he threw all those together out of thin air last minute lol

also endless summer slaps, with Mark and Brooks taking over Travis’s place on blink it’d be gold

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Y’all crazy Tom posted a printout of the lyrics to golden showers back in 2013 and guitar amp or some shit. It’s clear he just slapped together a bunch of demos he was working on, at the pace he works there’s no way he threw all those together out of thin air last minute lol

also endless summer slaps, with Mark and Brooks taking over Travis’s place on blink it’d be gold

ultra cringe tombot

• Like 1