One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

56 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Y’all crazy Tom posted a printout of the lyrics to golden showers back in 2013 and guitar amp or some shit. It’s clear he just slapped together a bunch of demos he was working on, at the pace he works there’s no way he threw all those together out of thin air last minute lol

also endless summer slaps, with Mark and Brooks taking over Travis’s place on blink it’d be gold

The entire thing is trash, but it was definitely rejected/unused blink material. Poor Mark and Travis

• Like 1

Circle Jerk Pit & Suburban Kings are the only songs from that EP I like from start to finish.

The rest all have good ideas but terrible ideas at the same time. Love the verses on Animals then Tom just decided to take an AVA styled shit on the chorus.

I dunno what the hell Landscapes was doing on that album. It sounds like a demo for the LOVE albums that Tom just forgot about and happened to come across on his computer 4-5 years later and decided to put it on the album without working on it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Circle Jerk Pit & Suburban Kings are the only songs from that EP I like from start to finish.

The rest all have good ideas but terrible ideas at the same time. Love the verses on Animals then Tom just decided to take an AVA styled shit on the chorus.

I dunno what the hell Landscapes was doing on that album. It sounds like a demo for the LOVE albums that Tom just forgot about and happened to come across on his computer 4-5 years later and decided to put it on the album without working on it

Love Suburban Kings

• Love 1

12 hours ago, kibbles said:

California and Nine proved Tom is blink.  🚮

This is just the truth and we will all be singing this same tune come July (or whenever this is released).

Tom is the heart/artist of blink

Mark is the brains or w.e that holds it together

Scott/Travis/new drummer drum to the magic

The way people continue to have a cult like thing with Tom is really creepy. I mean he was my favorite member too and he was my hero growing up....But damn, he's been washed for so long and a bit of a con man and crazy to boot.

Edging was a good sign that he might be interested in doing something cool with blink again. He's been saying the right things (besides the wacky alien stuff and movie promotions).. but he has a LOT to prove to win me back lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All he has to do for me imo is to get my message to the aliens from planet Y like he's promised for blowing my rainy day savings on TTS.

Spoiler

I didn't even think it was to the stars, I thought it was code lf titties. Biggest letdown.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

The way people continue to have a cult like thing with Tom is really creepy. I mean he was my favorite member too and he was my hero growing up....But damn, he's been washed for so long and a bit of a con man and crazy to boot.

Edging was a good sign that he might be interested in doing something cool with blink again. He's been saying the right things (besides the wacky alien stuff and movie promotions).. but he has a LOT to prove to win me back lol.

I think most people who are fans of Tom are able to separate the art from the artist. I know he isn’t a great guy, but the best Blink music involved Tom. That’s all I care about. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Agreed, it's one thing to say blink isn't blink without Tom, I can understand the merits for that argument, but to say that Tom is blink in its entirety would be to dismiss what works so damn well about the band to begin with: the push and pull of creativity from each member to shape each song and give it it's full unique blink identity. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

What’s up with Tom’s selfies nowadays? Super awkward, especially for an old man 

Haha it does just make him seem like a bored middle aged empty-nester with nothing to do. Based on his insta posts you'd think he's always just chilling on his couch alone wishing his kids would call and check in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

What’s up with Tom’s selfies nowadays? Super awkward, especially for an old man 

Is he ever gonna show us his new hairline? He's been teasing that thing for months now. Better look sick AF

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Is he ever gonna show us his new hairline? He's been teasing that thing for months now. Better look sick AF

Right! I do believe it takes almost a year for them to fully grow in. I remember doing research on them when I was balding and before I just accepted it and shaved my head lol. As well, the period from which MGK went from seriously balding to having a full head of hair, he was always in a bandana like Bret Michaels for every appearance for about a year or so…just give it some toime 

• Like 1