One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

8 hours ago, Grilliam Shatner said:

Ah yes, a co-writer who writes songs for Britney Spears, All Time Low, and 5 Seconds of Summer. Hope y’all are ready for that progressive new album 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

jump-out-window.gif

• Haha 2

I think it is premature to make judgments based on the few elements we have. Dan Book looks a little too poppy for my taste, but in the end what counts is the final result. But other aspects worry me. For example, Otherside seems to be written only by Mark (and Dan Book), and there would be nothing strange in that. Other songs were written individually by Mark and Tom. But I hope it's not a song entirely recorded by Mark himself, as it happened with Heart's All Gone. In that case it felt too much that it was a work entirely done by Mark, and it didn't sound really "blink". I hope that everyone played their instruments on each track, and still worked together on the arrangements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

Is this the same band?

Genuinely thought it might be a different Day to Remember.  What the..

Goodbye Blink.  Excited to hear it with Tom tho lol.

This is the only rock song on that album, that sounds like Day to Remember 

i don’t really care anymore really — the coterie of songwriters on nine was a little too far for my tastes, but as was said then, finn should’ve rightfully had a share of the publishing twenty years ago too. i wouldn’t be surprised if the other guy engineering, kevin gruft, winds up with a couple credits. it’s how things work now. as i said with nine, the sheer amount of outside teams (captain cuts, andrew watt, etc) was somewhat disconcerting, but given that book is so far the only credited hired gun with this record, i don’t find its worth complaining

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don’t really care anymore really — the coterie of songwriters on nine was a little too far for my tastes, but as was said then, finn should’ve rightfully had a share of the publishing twenty years ago too. i wouldn’t be surprised if the other guy engineering, kevin gruft, winds up with a couple credits. it’s how things work now. as i said with nine, the sheer amount of outside teams (captain cuts, andrew watt, etc) was somewhat disconcerting, but given that book is so far the only credited hired gun with this record, i don’t find its worth complaining

So, when did the music industry shift that all of a sudden people who didn’t get writing credits before are now get writing credits all of a sudden? I keep seeing this as an excuse from blink fans (along with the “if you add a hand clap in you get a songwriting credit” excuse) , but I’ve never heard this from anyone else. Was there some new law that was passed? Did a writers union help fight their cause? Or is this all just part of the mental gymnastics that some blink fans are pulling on themselves? 

8 minutes ago, boxelder said:

Ah, so you're saying I was right all along.

Excuse me, while I grab my victory bib.

• Like 2