One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

14 minutes ago, BanJan said:

I will laugh my ass off at anyone who’s a big blink fan and wants to look down on Metallica. That’s some of the silliest shit I ever heard. I don’t even listen to metallica but I surely respect them. I can’t really respect songs like Edging and backing tracks, I’m sorry. Still love blink but I’m gonna talk shit about stuff like that, I’m sorry 

Metallica is what bald dudes with full goatees who wear faded TOOL shirts with holes under each armpit and smoke Camel Filters listen to in order to feel like they’re superior to all the plebs who listen to blink-182 and other *sniffs own fart* “fake music”.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Metallica is what bald dudes with full goatees who wear faded TOOL shirts with holes under each armpit and smoke Camel Filters listen to in order to feel like they’re superior to all the plebs who listen to blink-182 and other *sniffs own fart* “fake music”.

Yea ok bud. Grow up. Statements like these come from little teeny boppers who care more about what shirt Tom DeLonge is wearing than the actual music or being able to perform live 

Just now, Matt. said:

Classic rock for balding farts who need to feel young & plastic rock for snot-nosed brats.

Lol. Well put. It’s funny to me how people around here will talk shit about Metallica and act like you’re being pretentious if you call blink out for their own shit. They don’t even know why they’re hating on Metallica, I guess the members aren’t cute enough for them?

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

Metallica put on a way better live show than blink. It's not even close. 

Yeahhh I’ve seen blink I think 7 times - 5 of those time was pretty much the exact same set list as we know that’s their go to lazy 90 min set to rake in cash - the guitars and vocals were MILDLY better with Skiba but you can’t replace Tom - the blink shows have always been about the banter and antics - not the music … but as cool as upside down Travis Solos with a flaming FUCK sign are - you have a point . I’ve seen Metallica once -

360 degree rotating stage with flame throwers , a million bucks in lights and strobes with lasers … the show was incredible , and all the music was precise , well executed and the vocals didn’t sound like dog shit .

if you wanna compare blink to Metallica live - Blink loses every - single - time .

that being said - I’d rather go see blink play the same show over and over than buy Metallica tickets and go ever again lol . 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bojangles said:

Blink182italia posted something that one of the customer service reps for their merch website says the album is expected to ship April 14. 

Could they be shadow dropping this album on us?

I said 182 days from release of Edging was Friday April 14th and a likely release date for album or single a month ago on here and no one seemed to agree. (Page 82 of this thread Feb 22nd)  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BanJan said:

I will laugh my ass off at anyone who’s a big blink fan and wants to look down on Metallica. That’s some of the silliest shit I ever heard. I don’t even listen to metallica but I surely respect them. I can’t really respect songs like Edging and backing tracks, I’m sorry. Still love blink but I’m gonna talk shit about stuff like that, I’m sorry 

Isn't it hilarious how we all have different tastes in music? Man I am so with you on that one! Nothing like someone who prefers one band over another who you've deemed to be the better band, what fools!

Suppose we should be laughing our asses off at me, after all, I can't stand metal music in general, and I'd rank just about any given non-metal band over the likes of Metallica any day. God that is just so damn hilarious! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Isn't it hilarious how we all have different tastes in music? Man I am so with you on that one! Nothing like someone who prefers one band over another who you've deemed to be the better band, what fools!

Suppose we should be laughing our asses off at me, after all, I can't stand metal music in general, and I'd rank just about any given non-metal band over the likes of Metallica any day. God that is just so damn hilarious! 

You missed the point 

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

Yeah call it cope or whatever but I refuse to believe they’re still recording the album originally due Jan 31st. It’s bonus songs/deluxe/something else.

If they're truly trying to make it the best album that it can be, I wouldn't mind if they're still working on the album. Yes I want a summer album, but I also want a great album more than it to release in time for summer. And the funny thing is after it's out for only like a week or two, no one will even care or remember caring about the wait it took to get there (unless the album is bad of course).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, b00bies said:

Lmfao. Still tracking. So, add minimum two-three months and there you have it. September release, maybe one or two songs on tour, one single before tour starts if we are lucky. 

It'll take the time that it takes. Some of you sound so defeated at the prospect of it releasing after the summer, like it's the end of the world or something, lol.

21 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Could be songs for the deluxe which every album Travis has touched in the last few years does

At this point I'm really starting to believe that this is the true plan. There are some clues (the January deadline, the approaching tour, Ilan's words, the April 14th date regarding the vinyls' shipping) that suggest that the album is really completed and that they are still working on further material. Many artists record many more songs in one recording session than the ones they will eventually insert into the upcoming album and often still want to take advantage of that creativity spurt.

• Love 1