One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

all great insights and the type of quality content we can expect from this board. reddit doesn’t even come close 

“Do you guys think Tom will sing any Matt songs?”

”How old is everyone here?”

”Best blink song round 476 results: random shitty Flyswatter song annihilates Bored to Death!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

If any of you blink section guys are interested in running the blink online Twitter and Instagram let me know. I'd say it's a total waste of time, but it might not be for the right person. Ry-Bread parlayed it into playing video games with Mark and a podcast before pretending we don't exist.

I just don't have the motivation or skills to mess with it much. And I want a blink fanboy to run it, not some kind of hater or troll.

Hit me up if anyone is interested

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Although they're keeping kinda quiet regarding updates of the album, I still can't help but feel positive about the whole thing. It's completely different to Neighborhoods.

People forget how quiet they used to be. They didn't even post a simple photo on social media back then. Tom would make no mention of blink at all apart from maybe once. You'd get one or two screenshots of a Pro Tools/Logic session from Mark in the space of 2 years.

There were like 2 videos from Mark too. One of them was him laughing at his voice on that "stop living in a shadow of a helicopter" line and the other one was him just ringing out the bridge of Kaleidoscope.

I'm sure Tom posted a video of like 8 demos on his Modlife website which was mostly just AVA tracks, but there were 2 blink songs (one of which was Up All Night and a song which never got released). There was another track that never got released but it was hard to tell if it was AVA or blink. Oh and he also posted a video of him playing Wishing Well on acoustic too and even then no one knew if it was for blink or for AVA. Travis was the most silent out of them all.

Aside from these rare moments, it was just complete utter silence in 2 years. For this album, I've lost count on how many photos & videos I've seen of them in a recording studio but it feels like it's over 100 times. Hell, even during California & Nine blink was more quiet during the recording process.

They've been hyping this up as much as the smiley face album. Only difference is the smiley face album had those cheetah videos. Another difference is that unlike the smiley face album, they actually released a song during the recording process for this album.

Because none of the band members used social media in 2010 in the way it’s used now. Tom would come on modlife once every four months, mark just started using Twitter and used it mostly for comedy, and Travis still kept to himself. Posting photos of your daily life to market yourself as a celebrity was not a thing then. There’s no doubt neighborhoods was worked on more sporadically and async, but people act like neighborhoods was thrown together in three weeks which isn’t true, 5 songs came together in the last three months when Tom started making trips to LA (after midnight, natives, kaleidoscope) and they scrapped a bunch from early on. Mark was always in the studio, Tom was in his studio whenever not on tour (which was a small window from 2009-2011). If it’s to be believed they started working on this album early last year we’re already at a year of working on it. So tbh doesn’t seem that different to me other than they’re posting more frequently and Tom is possibly in LA more though random snapshots of him in LA doesn’t necessarily make that true. I still think they have a better recording situation this time, but they will always suffer the same issue of perfectionism when these three get into a studio together (which I don’t think is an issue I prefer it after the California process but any timeline they ever give can never be accurate because of it).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

If any of you blink section guys are interested in running the blink online Twitter and Instagram let me know. I'd say it's a total waste of time, but it might not be for the right person. Ry-Bread parlayed it into playing video games with Mark and a podcast before pretending we don't exist.

I just don't have the motivation or skills to mess with it much. And I want a blink fanboy to run it, not some kind of hater or troll.

I’d only do it if I could use it exclusively for starting beef with blink italia

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

people act like neighborhoods was thrown together in three weeks which isn’t true

I think it's more that Neighborhoods took fucking foreverrrr because they were never on the same page, wrote and recorded separately, and walked on eggshells around each other because they didn't particularly like each other at that time. I think they've been pretty open about that over the years, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Damnit, I guess I’m out. 

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Hopefully someone with a little creativity … it’s be lame if it’s just another account retweeting Blink tweets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

Because none of the band members used social media in 2010 in the way it’s used now. Tom would come on modlife once every four months, mark just started using Twitter and used it mostly for comedy, and Travis still kept to himself. Posting photos of your daily life to market yourself as a celebrity was not a thing then. There’s no doubt neighborhoods was worked on more sporadically and async, but people act like neighborhoods was thrown together in three weeks which isn’t true, 5 songs came together in the last three months when Tom started making trips to LA (after midnight, natives, kaleidoscope) and they scrapped a bunch from early on. Mark was always in the studio, Tom was in his studio whenever not on tour (which was a small window from 2009-2011). If it’s to be believed they started working on this album early last year we’re already at a year of working on it. So tbh doesn’t seem that different to me other than they’re posting more frequently and Tom is possibly in LA more though random snapshots of him in LA doesn’t necessarily make that true. I still think they have a better recording situation this time, but they will always suffer the same issue of perfectionism when these three get into a studio together (which I don’t think is an issue I prefer it after the California process but any timeline they ever give can never be accurate because of it).

True, but Tom was a lot more active regarding AVA updates even if they weren't huge on social media back then. He'd always throw in AVA's name at every possible chance haha. I guess Mark was more silent as he couldn't really give an honest answer to the media/fans when he had no clue when Tom would next turn up to the studio or something

Aside from that, blink were never quiet during the smiley face album, Take Off, Enema etc despite the fact there was no social media back then. They've always hyped themselves up and I feel like they're like that again.

I just think they're in a similar mindset as they were during the smiley face album. All 3 of them are 100% committed to the band as of this moment. If everyone knew blink would be like that again this time last year, they'd be creaming their pants

I've just learnt to never believe them whenever they talk about when albums should be released or what deadline there is. I'm sure there must be like 5 albums worth of unreleased blink songs just from the Skiba era alone haha

I'm just happy there's no complete utter silence about the band as a whole

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'd be more than happy to help and incorporate my contribution to any content/element in regards to the archival material from time to time 😃