One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

37 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So this shit isn't coming before the tour is it?

The longer we wait for the album the more I believe that the first leg of the tour was cancelled because they needed more time to finish it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s weird because I heard from some decent itk people that the album was done / nearly done weeks ago but these latest updates suggest otherwise. These are either bonus tracks, finishing touches because they got more time from the SA cancellation or something quite dramatically changed.

• Like 1

That picture was posted 2 days ago but I’m pretty sure that’s an “old” photo that has surfaced somewhere before, right? The things I notice are Marks hair appears to be shorter than it is in those promo pics when Edging was released. And Travis doesn’t have a cast/sling/ or whatever you wanna call it on his injured hand. 

OR on the other hand, you could say Mark got a haircut and Travis’ injury was a hoax. lol

The only thing I feel more confident in, is that no matter what stage the album is in, I think they want it to be a surprise drop. Hence “edging” and the album will “cum outta nowhere” lol idk but I’m about checked out until May 4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

That picture was posted 2 days ago but I’m pretty sure that’s an “old” photo that has surfaced somewhere before, right? The things I notice are Marks hair appears to be shorter than it is in those promo pics when Edging was released. And Travis doesn’t have a cast/sling/ or whatever you wanna call it on his injured hand. 

OR on the other hand, you could say Mark got a haircut and Travis’ injury was a hoax. lol

The only thing I feel more confident in, is that no matter what stage the album is in, I think they want it to be a surprise drop. Hence “edging” and the album will “cum outta nowhere” lol idk but I’m about checked out until May 4.

Yeah, that picture is months old. It was taken in December https://www.instagram.com/p/Cltn-6kpTMN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Damn so Travis pretty much created MGK's entire sound didn't he? I'll just start crediting Tickets To My Downfall to him. Nice

It's not bad music, at all, especially compared to what else is out there, it's just annoying blink wants to follow in that direction instead of keeping their more timeless sound, that they created with Finn.  Would you not argue that?

35 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think you guys are reading too much into the guitar tone thing

Guitar is a part of blink.  It always has been.  Removing that from the equation leaves it feeling pretty hollow.  It's not so much a tone, it's just we know what this all means.  It's like missing a band member.  

We like Mark, we like Tom, we like Guitar, Bass, & Drums.  

1 minute ago, Scotts Engineer said:

It's not bad music, at all, especially compared to what else is out there, it's just annoying blink wants to follow in that direction instead of keeping their more timeless sound, that they created with Finn.  Would you not argue that?

All I've heard is Edging, which pretty much IS their timeless sound (if there is one?)

Sounds like California, which sounds like TOYPAJ, which sounds like Enema. Untitled is the outlier.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

All I've heard is Edging, which pretty much IS their timeless sound (if there is one?)

Sounds like California, which sounds like a computerized attempt of TOYPAJ written by other than Mark & Tom, which sounds like Enema. Untitled is the outlier.

I just think having the hip hop drums and now guitar strays too far away from resembling blink.

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Sounds like California, which sounds like TOYPAJ, which sounds like Enema. Untitled is the outlier.

I don’t understand how you can think that edging is blink’s “timeless” sound. I just don’t hear it at all 

• Like 2