One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

8 minutes ago, ShitcanJan said:

Pretty much. You thought MGK created that? Lmfao shame on you 

Yeah well he didn't fuck my girl so I don't think as much about him as you.

But that album is nice!

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, Champ182 said:

All I know is if I had no history with Blink, had no idea who was in AVA or Cali/Nine Blink, I probably never would've listened to any of them more than once.

This is the truth for many, but they dont want to admit it 😄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

Lol @ people thinking the album is delayed more because of a months old photo.

what level of desperation is this? the album is 99% done, maybe they're still fixing some things here and there and I don't know why they haven't announced it yet, but I don't understand why everyone is so negative about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elisa said:

what level of desperation is this? the album is 99% done, maybe they're still fixing some things here and there and I don't know why they haven't announced it yet, but I don't understand why everyone is so negative about it. 

I think it's mostly joking but also acknowledging this band are the kings of not caring about deadlines and taking forever to do anything.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think there’s a few people who, whether subconsciously or not, actually want it all to fail and fall apart. Call it PTSD from years of trauma surrounding the band but they want to be able to say “I told you so” if the thing never comes out or gets delayed and the tour is cancelled. 

Honestly the more time goes on and the less we hear about the album the more convinced I am that we’re just going to get a suprise drop of the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Continually blows my mind how much people here are willing to drop their standards for this band just because they're happy to have them around. 

I don't know how you could listen to that JXDN/MGK crap and then listen to something like this and feel them equal

The reason California was such a letdown was because it felt like any other pop punk band could've made it. 

Blink used to set the standard, now theyre just doing what everyone else is already doing/done 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

I think there’s a few people who, whether subconsciously or not, actually want it all to fail and fall apart. Call it PTSD from years of trauma surrounding the band but they want to be able to say “I told you so” if the thing never comes out or gets delayed and the tour is cancelled. 

Honestly the more time goes on and the less we hear about the album the more convinced I am that we’re just going to get a suprise drop of the whole thing.

Assuming you're referring to me without sacking up and saying it ya cunt, but I'm pumped for the album and can't wait to hear it. I want and expect it to be great.

I also am experienced enough to know that this band, especially when Tom is involved, misses deadlines. Plus the context clues like canceling tour dates when they should have already released it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

The reason California was such a letdown was because it felt like any other pop punk band could've made it. 

Blink used to set the standard, now theyre just doing what everyone else is already doing/done 

California was popular and successful. Just because YOU didn't like it the two times you listened to it doesn't mean it was a universal let down.

• Crab 2

28 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

if you think about blink W/Tom in terms of betting, there is no way I'd put money on things turning out successfully until there is actually a new track record established. 

There's a difference between wanting things to fail and just thinking about the odds and past behaviors. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Definitely would NOT want it to fail and fall apart despite my bitching.  Rather, the opposite, I love good music. I need good music.  Blink can provide it, if they want to go ANY direction but fucking #sadboys #mgk #TBarkerinthehouse  #OhHiJohn.

48 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Continually blows my mind how much people here are willing to drop their standards for this band just because they're happy to have them around. 

I don't know how you could listen to that JXDN/MGK crap and then listen to something like this and feel them equal

Yup.  I don't even dislike the 'any other pop punk' and I decently like MGK/Hoopla/JXDMX guy, but it aint blink.  It ain't even the same genre to me.  Blows my mind potentially all 3 of them now are okay transitioning blink into this and not their own authentic standards.

• Like 4

It’s not that I want them to fail.

It’s more that getting any hopes up means setting yourself up for pain. 

It’s easier for my beaten little heart if I just assume it’ll be fucking shite. Just how I live. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Assuming you're referring to me without sacking up and saying it ya cunt, but I'm pumped for the album and can't wait to hear it. I want and expect it to be great.

I also am experienced enough to know that this band, especially when Tom is involved, misses deadlines. Plus the context clues like canceling tour dates when they should have already released it

I didn’t mean you actually, stop trying to fuck me. There’s a difference between the cautious people and the doomsdayers. Though tbf you do overdramatise things occasionally.

I get being cautious but we’re in a new era of the band and don’t know what’s going to happen. At the moment we’ve seen nothing but positive signs. Travis injury and the subsequent cancellation of shows while shitty was unfortunate but unforeseeable and not an indication of the state of the band.

Everything with the band actually seems super positive and promising for the first time in fuck knows how long. Nothings been delayed. I guess I just don’t get all the negativity from some people? 

• Like 2

Unless my blink is government conspiracy theory is true.  

Then the modern 'methods' of production make sense. 

We were already hypnotized as kids. Now it's the new generation's turn.  Blink already moved on from us, as we are figuring this all out as adults escaping before it's too late and our simulation already ends.