One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

I didn’t mean you actually, stop trying to fuck me. There’s a difference between the cautious people and the doomsdayers. Though tbf you do overdramatise things occasionally.

I get being cautious but we’re in a new era of the band and don’t know what’s going to happen. At the moment we’ve seen nothing but positive signs. Travis injury and the subsequent cancellation of shows while shitty was unfortunate but unforeseeable and not an indication of the state of the band.

Everything with the band actually seems super positive and promising for the first time in fuck knows how long. Nothings been delayed. I guess I just don’t get all the negativity from some people? 

I wish we had your Sunlight Coight. It's been a cold, cold Spring here.  

That being said, I understand some of chatter is overly negative, forsure, that gets annoying.  Doomsday stuff is always annoying.

But plenty is also just realistic/maturing at this point you're misconstruing for negativity.  Blink has done little musically for many of us in over a decade.  More signs are pointing south than north.  Live & you learn.  Happy to be surprised.  Not going down the high expectations-get disappointed and frustrated route.  Ain't worth the real estate in my mind.  My guess is it'll be somewhere in the middle, like the recent Red Hot reunion.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scotts Engineer said:

I wish we had your Sunlight Coight. It's been a cold, cold Spring here.  

That being said, I understand some of chatter is overly negative, forsure, that gets annoying.  Doomsday stuff is always annoying.

But plenty is also just realistic/maturing at this point you're misconstruing for negativity.  Blink has done little musically for many of us in over a decade.  More signs are pointing south than north.  Live & you learn.  Happy to be surprised.  Not going down the high expectations-get disappointed and frustrated route.  Ain't worth the real estate in my mind.  My guess is it'll be somewhere in the middle, like the recent Red Hot reunion.  

They might have spent upwards of 8 whole months on this album!  Clearly this means the album is terrible and the band is worse than ever. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Continually blows my mind how much people here are willing to drop their standards for this band just because they're happy to have them around. 

I don't know how you could listen to that JXDN/MGK crap and then listen to something like this and feel them equal

The reason California was such a letdown was because it felt like any other pop punk band could've made it. 

Blink used to set the standard, now theyre just doing what everyone else is already doing/done 

Agree with this.

Also, if in 4 weeks they don't release anything, this is going to be ANOTHER greatest hits sort of tour? 90 minits setlist? Oh, well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would say they've been working on it at least since May 2022. Remember when Tom was on a podcast in May and when he was asked what he was up to, he briefly said that he was working on an ava live album and immediately changed the topic of the conversation?
Both Tom and Mark were posting cryptic studio pictures in May/June and while some people were joking about Mark and Tom being in the studio together, everyone else assumed that Tom was working on that live album with Rubin and Mark was just writing for the next album with Skiba, but they were already working on the blink album. So it's been more than 8 months imo. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I would say they've been working on it at least since May 2022. Remember when Tom was on a podcast in May and when he was asked what he was up to, he briefly said that he was working on an ava live album and immediately changed the topic of the conversation?
Both Tom and Mark were posting cryptic studio pictures in May/June and while some people were joking about Mark and Tom being in the studio together, everyone else assumed that Tom was working on that live album with Rubin and Mark was just writing for the next album with Skiba, but they were already working on the blink album. So it's been more than 8 months imo. 

Yep! I admit before the announcement that they were back together I was convinced everyone was just grasping at straws assuming Tom was back and that Skiba was still in etc. But once they officially announced it it was obvious that they had been working on it for a while before they announced anything.

Some people(Ghent) just choose to ignore these facts. These people(Ghent) just want to act like the band have once again been sitting on their hands doing nothing. Even if they’re taking a little longer than planned that’s only a good thing and proves they want to make the best record they can and these people(Ghent) just need to accept this.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

It's been 75 minutes since 2017. I hope they go back to at least 90 minutes. 

Oh, my.

Anyway, I hope the thing gets released before summer. In the end, no one said a speciic date for the album or next single, so... technically they are not delaying anything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Scary to think they were in the studio for months and the best they could release was edging....

Not necessarily, it was a song that they thought could be a big comeback single to go along with their reunion/tour announcement. It ended up being a gigantic hit. So they were right.

• Like 5

its always the same story with these "has been"

they make a new record

they say its the best record theyve made yet and that they dont mean to sound cliche but that it is

then they only play their hits songs plus their most iconic other ones

they start every godman show for last 15 years with feeling this and whats my asian friend (like real lunatic creeps, what a deranged thing to do, pure autism they think ppl actualy love it!!! but its bad versions of them they play on top of it, no passion sounds like they r playing them as parodies of the originals and its real ugly sounding)

then maybe they play 2-3 songs from new record just to shut up anyone who could say wtf why u aint playing ur new songs u just said it was ur best material to date

then they jerk ppl around for 3-4 years saying headed to studio/making an ep/ok making an album to keep peoples attention and sell the more shows tickets and dumb made in 10 second in photoshop t-shirt

then they repeat this perverted cycle over and over and over

look at this pathethic setlist https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2019/discovery-park-sacramento-ca-539dab75.html

i think they played only 1 song from nine(their latiest suposedly best record at the time)

and i think only about 3 from califournia their second best "best" record

how cringe of them

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Scary to think they were in the studio for months and the best they could release was edging....

It was a song they had ready and was upbeat enough to go along with their promotion.

I wouldn't look much farther into it.  This was not Up All Night 2.0.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2023 at 2:38 PM, Knapppers said:

So you think All The Small Things is the best song off of EATS? It's just a poppy single. Probably written in less than a day

Lol, as if there are songs on Enema that stand out creatively.

I honestly doubt there is anything blink could release that knapton (and others here) would like.

This new album will come out, they’ll listen twice, poo on it a bit, praise the most Tom AVA sounding songs as genius, and be gone.