One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

11 minutes ago, Monkey Chips said:

The Ataris are worse...

They announced a new album around the time blink-182 first reunited and then nothing since.

I met Kris Roe at a Sam Goody in the early naughts, they were in town with Warped. He was a cool guy. They have a few songs that I really like but I’d be lying if I said I knew they were still a band.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkey Chips said:

The Ataris are worse...

They announced a new album around the time blink-182 first reunited and then nothing since.

There's a band I haven't thought of in a long time. Shame they faded away, they showed a lot of promise back in the early 2000s.

5 hours ago, Monkey Chips said:

The Ataris are worse...

I seen them a few years ago and they said they wrote a new album thats coming out and yet nothing lol

2 minutes ago, fran.182 said:

For anyone who can't see it because of the paywall:

"LAST MONTH, BLINK-182 postponed their Latin American tour dates due to an injury drummer Travis Barker suffered on his ring finger. He smashed the finger during rehearsal, leading to emergency surgery and a later-than-expected launch of the band’s first tour with singer and guitarist Tom DeLonge since 2014.

Barker offered an update to Rolling Stone on his recovery: “I’m recovering really, really well,” he says. His cast was taken off a week after last month’s surgery, and he has been in physical therapy working to “expedite the process” of his healing.

“I recorded the last three songs on the album with a broken finger,” he reveals. (As of publication, the band has not announced an official release date for their next LP). The world tour is set to kick off with the North American leg in early May."

Glad to see him say the LAST three songs... that means it's finally done!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Also - we've all been tripping out about how they were still working on the album, and calling it a "delay" and all that, but even the original touring plan had a month off inbetween South America and North America. I think it's very possible that they planned to use April to finish up loose ends from the beginning, and they just used the time they would've been in South America instead.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Also - we've all been tripping out about how they were still working on the album, and calling it a "delay" and all that, but even the original touring plan had a month off inbetween South America and North America. I think it's very possible that they planned to use April to finish up loose ends from the beginning, and they just used the time they would've been in South America instead.

That was always my guess, they'd use this month to finish things up, shoot the music video, announce the album and release the single and maybe do some TV appearances to promote the tour/album. 

• Like 1