One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

50 minutes ago, b00bies said:

Which means we have to wait 2-3 months for a release. 

Not necessarily, but sure is not going to be released before the tour starts.

Now let's be positive (or naive, hahaha). As lons as they have been working on this record for a few months now, and supposing they have a nice batch of songs recorded, what if they are planning on release some sort od EP in advance before the tour starts and then, later on, before the second leg of the tour, the whole record?

And to be fair, Green Day have been recording their album for like over two years, and you can say just as easily they’re “dragging their feet” more than blink has. Same with sun 41. Christ don’t even get me started on being a Guns N’ Roses fan. They’ve been back together for 7 fucking years, only released two new songs two years ago (which aren’t even really new, they were modified songs Axl had for years).

blink’s “delays” are nothing in comparison. And between Coachella and the updates on the album since, it doesn’t at all seem like a neighborhoods situation. Ya never know, but so far so good in comparison. Much more to be optimistic about within the blink world compared to 2009-2014. At least for now.

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Records take time, great records even more so. I’d be more concerned if it wasn’t delayed.

I don’t think this is always true. They recorded Dude Ranch in 2 days (production could use some work, but still a great record). They put together most of self titled in crunch time near the end. Blink is a band that seems to flourish with pressure and deadlines. Meanwhile, they had all the time in the world for NH and it was just okay (I realize collaboration issues caused that, but still). 

I fully expect it to come out on 182 day. Mark seems to have an obsession with making 182 day an actual thing. We’ll get a single as the tour starts and one more in June. Unless they’re doing a surprise release should be expecting a normal 2-3 month marketing cycle. And I’m also gonna guess they want to keep it away from the foo fighters release

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I don’t think this is always true. They recorded Dude Ranch in 2 days (production could use some work, but still a great record). They put together most of self titled in crunch time near the end. Blink is a band that seems to flourish with pressure and deadlines. Meanwhile, they had all the time in the world for NH and it was just okay (I realize collaboration issues caused that, but still). 

I think blink has created a myth they spent little time on their earlier Records. Recording? Maybe, but not writing. Many DR songs were first played in 94 others as late as 97. If they started this album last year from scratch it'll still take a while to write the songs.

• Like 6