One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

13 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think blink has created a myth they spent little time on their earlier Records. Recording? Maybe, but not writing. Many DR songs were first played in 94 others as late as 97. If they started this album last year from scratch it'll still take a while to write the songs.

Yep this is truth. Seems these days writing and recording happens simultaneously so it seems like the whole process takes a lot longer when it’s probably fairly close to being the same.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thongrider said:

I think blink has created a myth they spent little time on their earlier Records. Recording? Maybe, but not writing. Many DR songs were first played in 94 others as late as 97. If they started this album last year from scratch it'll still take a while to write the songs.

Yeah that’s fair, but they still pumped out two more top tier albums within 4 years of Dude Ranch while touring a lot. 

35 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Yeah that’s fair, but they still pumped out two more top tier albums within 4 years of Dude Ranch while touring a lot. 

The songs didn’t have as many effects, they were less complicated, they did have as many tracks and they were written and demoed prior. Now Blink doesn’t bother writing outside the studio and every song has to have 27 tracks and a multitude of effects. It’s just a different process all together. Any decent punk band outta be able to record an album inside a week though.

How long would it take for a finished album handed in to then get pressed to vinyl and CD formats in mass quantities to be distributed across the world? 

Album may be done, but will we still have to wait a few extra weeks before we can listen to it just so that it can be available to purchase physically at the same time? Would they possibly release it digitally first (to be available right as the tour starts) and then offer the physical version as it becomes available?

Very curious how things progress from here. 

23 minutes ago, M!ke said:

How long would it take for a finished album handed in to then get pressed to vinyl and CD formats in mass quantities to be distributed across the world? 

Album may be done, but will we still have to wait a few extra weeks before we can listen to it just so that it can be available to purchase physically at the same time? Would they possibly release it digitally first (to be available right as the tour starts) and then offer the physical version as it becomes available?

Not exactly sure what the situation was with these albums, but I remember Kanye and Beyonce and several other giant artists being able to drop new albums on streaming platforms at the drop of a hat, and Kanye even kept changing shit and re-distributing new versions of his album. I don't know what their CD situation was, or how much it will matter to Blink. If they want to do a surprise drop, they'll be able to any time they want, I think.

47 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I mean they could get it released digital very quick. I fully expect the vinyl to be delayed as most vinyl has just been taking longer lately. But i would imagine if they wanted to they could easily get the album out digitally fairly quickly. 

• Like 1

digitally they could finish an album on wednesday and it'd be out friday. it's that simple. there's still tons of CD pressing plants worldwide IIRC, so CD copies could be manufactured within a week. vinyl takes longer -- delays legendary at this point -- but big-name artists tend to get their albums pushed up in the schedule. blink's not huge, but there is demand. some artists don't tend to care though, and just release digital immediately and physicals later.

with nine, blink was in the interest of goosing the charts a little bit, so they had CDs available in order to send to every ticket-buyer to the lil wayne tour so that it looked like more people had bought the album than they did. i'm sure they'll do something similar this time around, with those pre-orders from last year counting toward first-week sales.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Looks like Tom is doing a TTS promo dump on his insta right now. Makes you wonder if he expects an influx of traffic…

Yeah I hate that.  I don't mind it if it's more honest wanting to promote his TTS stuff, but he routinely has to time it within blink stuff.  It's just bad business.

Tom leaked the setlist on his video, no new songs on it, so I’m guessing no new song this week 😕 was hoping to have a new jam in Chicago, oh well. Setlist looks prettty good tho.

Spoiler

Family Reunion

Anthem Pt. 2

Rock Show

Man Overboard

Feeling This

Reckless 

Dysentery Gary

Up All Night

Dumpweed

EDGING

Aliens Exist

Cynical

Don't Leave Me

Happy Holidays 

Stay Together

Always

Down

Bored To Death

Miss You

Adam's Song

Ghost on the Dance Floor

What's My Age Again

First Date

All the Small Things

Dammit

12 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Tom leaked the setlist on his video, no new songs on it, so I’m guessing no new song this week 😕 was hoping to have a new jam in Chicago, oh well. Setlist looks prettty good tho.

Hide contents

Family Reunion

Anthem Pt. 2

Rock Show

Man Overboard

Feeling This

Reckless 

Dysentery Gary

Up All Night

Dumpweed

EDGING

Aliens Exist

Cynical

Don't Leave Me

Happy Holidays 

Stay Together

Always

Down

Bored To Death

Miss You

Adam's Song

Ghost on the Dance Floor

What's My Age Again

First Date

All the Small Things

Dammit

I’m holding out hope that Cynical is a misread and it’s a new song. I refuse to be denied!!!

19 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Hide contents

Family Reunion

Anthem Pt. 2

Rock Show

Man Overboard

Feeling This

Reckless 

Dysentery Gary

Up All Night

Dumpweed

EDGING

Aliens Exist

Cynical

Don't Leave Me

Happy Holidays 

Stay Together

Always

Down

Bored To Death

Miss You

Adam's Song

Ghost on the Dance Floor

What's My Age Again

First Date

All the Small Things

Dammit

Thank you for using a spoiler. I give way less of a fuck this time since I can’t watch it live. 

Spoiler

2 Cali songs! Glad they’ve decided to do this.

• Like 1

I'm shocked to see a Skiba era song in there, especially one that asks Tom to sing in it at that. Cynical seems a little odd of a choice in this regard, I would have thought Bored to Death if anything, but I have no issue with Cynical being the song they chose from that era all the same. I do wish there was a Dogs Eating Dogs song or two in there though. Disaster feels like a song to me that should regularly be in their live shows. 

Edit: aw snap, didn't even see that Bored is also in there. Nice! 

Just now, M!ke said:

I'm shocked to see a Skiba era song in there, especially one that asks Tom to sing in it at that. Cynical seems a little odd of a choice in this regard, I would have thought Bored to Death if anything, but I have no issue with Cynical being the song they chose from that era all the same. I do wish there was a Dogs Eating Dogs song or two in there though. Disaster feels like a song to me that should regularly be in their live shows. 

Did you get bored to death of reading the setlist? 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

soon

Fucking can't stand that Scene Dudes twitter. Pops up on my feed all the time since I like blink stuff. Just mostly him reposting memes