One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

Yeah flights within North America are just stupid expensive now these days. I'm seeing blink next week in Montreal and it would be $500 flight which would take just over an hour. So I'm driving instead. The 4.5 drive will be less than a tank of gas. 

yeah 4.5 is nothing i got 4 for tomorrow's show done it multiple times. 

1 hour ago, Knapppers said:

Remember how much hype there was right before the reunion announcement. Billboards, industry folk teasing it. 

Could've done something similar to release a new song yet once again this band blows it. 

I think random radio hosts would be more likely to tease about a gigantic reunion announcement than an upcoming single.

That's pretty much all the "hype" was at that time, right? People hearing radio hosts or bloggers make vague comments and then starting reddit threads about it? It's not like it was a purposeful effort by Blink to create a secret trail of PR hype or something.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think random radio hosts would be more likely to tease about a gigantic reunion announcement than an upcoming single.

That's pretty much all the "hype" was at that time, right? People hearing radio hosts or bloggers make vague comments and then starting reddit threads about it? It's not like it was a purposeful effort by Blink to create a secret trail of PR hype or something.

I meant like the hard at work billboard's and the 182 industries more so. Like those cryptic hints. Shit like that. Feel like there a massive opportunity to build even more hype and blow up before the tour starts and the missed it, assuming we don't hear anything this week atleast. 

6 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

I meant like the hard at work billboard's and the 182 industries more so. Like those cryptic hints. Shit like that. Feel like there a massive opportunity to build even more hype and blow up before the tour starts and the missed it, assuming we don't hear anything this week atleast. 

Kind of surprised you don’t understand the logic at play here.

-the best source of revenue in the modern music industry is touring and concert/merch sales.

-Blink created the most hype (as you’ve noted) leading up to the announcement of their reunion, world tour, and album.

-Blink sold a lot of concert tickets due to this marketing campaign, fulfilling the goal of generating revenue

-you being butt hurt of the lack of news leading up to the tour and album does not impact how their business decisions have been aptly made so far

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

tom said album was done back in september of 2022, so until i can click play in my music app and it plays then they r being lazy sassies and are taking too long

Lol Tom didn’t say any of that. He made one generic comment that they wrote the best album ever which he always does midway through an album process. People chose to ignore Jason tate explicitly saying when Edging came out that they only had 6 songs done so far.

• Like 3

I do get the feeling we find out information tomorrow. It's both the day before the tour, and Tom did make a Star Wars reference in terms of being patient for new music. While I don't expect any new music tomorrow, I could see the information dump dropping tomorrow: album name, release date, maybe even the cover and tracklist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

I do get the feeling we find out information tomorrow. It's both the day before the tour, and Tom did make a Star Wars reference in terms of being patient for new music. While I don't expect any new music tomorrow, I could see the information dump dropping tomorrow: album name, release date, maybe even the cover and tracklist.

I’m in agreement. I don’t think Tom’s tweet was random like some do. But only 12-14 hours and then we can go back to not having any hunches at all.

• Like 1

Someone tell me if today is the day we should sit around, refresh the internet and wait for a surprise song. If it doesn't come out today, then I'll stop waiting for it. 

b95f520b-e905-498f-b74f-fda6f38cb7ce 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Blink Italia retweeted someone who posted a clip from "On Some Emo Shit" saying it was a clip of a new blink song. Not showing up anymore lol

Seems like this site is the last bastion of fans who don’t simp for italia. Someone made an anti-italia post on Reddit the other day and got destroyed for it 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1