One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

15 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Was the 6/2 date ever confirmed anywhere other than shitalia? I saw the screenshot they posted of the song name/date, but never actually saw it on blink’s website

It was on their site, saw it before Italia. It was just chilling in the source code behind the scribble.png it was 'song.png', which after everyone found out and were posting about it in the discord and reddit and such, they changed the 'song.png' image to a blank pixel. I guess we weren't supposed to see it yet, but come on... That's the first thing people are going to do on a page filled with little easter eggs.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

30 minutes ago, kibbles said:

It was on their site, saw it before Italia. It was just chilling in the source code behind the scribble.png it was 'song.png', which after everyone found out and were posting about it in the discord and reddit and such, they changed the 'song.png' image to a blank pixel. I guess we weren't supposed to see it yet, but come on... That's the first thing people are going to do on a page filled with little easter eggs.

The problem is how do you do an ARG that isn't ridiculously impossible to solve and piece together by the masses within a month nor so ridiculously simple that the masses don't immediately figure it out?  With something this big, I don't think that's an easy medium to achieve at all. I guess the question ultimately becomes why bother, but I dunno, I like any little ARG for new content even if they are super simple. 

Honestly, as long as we’re getting a song a month, I’m okay with waiting. The feeling of being on the cusp of a new blink album is pretty magical, and who knows how many more times we’re gonna be able to experience it.

• Like 5

I'm okay with that..even though I'd rather listen to a full album fresh front to back, I might pop if I don't get to hear some of the new music by Fall.

They did release like Down, Feeling This, Always, I Miss You before the album right?  That time was a blast.

I’m happy with new music, even if it’s a song a month leading up to the album. But I’m not a huge fan of releasing so many songs that the album is basically out in increments. I‘ll also end up overplaying singles and it’ll dampen the album release too. Maybe it’s old school but I enjoy listening to albums as a whole and that first listen is a better experience when it’s all new songs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

I'm okay with that..even though I'd rather listen to a full album fresh front to back, I might pop if I don't get to hear some of the new music by Fall.

They did release like Down, Feeling This, Always, I Miss You before the album right?  That time was a blast.

Didn't they leak? I think they just released Feeling This and Violence and played Go.

2 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

I’m happy with new music, even if it’s a song a month leading up to the album. But I’m not a huge fan of releasing so many songs that the album is basically out in increments. I‘ll also end up overplaying singles and it’ll dampen the album release too. Maybe it’s old school but I enjoy listening to albums as a whole and that first listen is a better experience when it’s all new songs.

It's not the same listening to the songs front to back on Spotify anyways.  Only with the physicals I've learned.  They did this with Self Titled anyways did they not?  Let's hear some shit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

Didn't they leak? I think they just released Feeling This and Violence and played Go.

Maybe the album did, probably on Limewire, but Always was released 3 days prior to the album release, according to the Googs.  My memory is to foggy for all that.  

3 minutes ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

It's not the same listening to the songs front to back on Spotify anyways.  Only with the physicals I've learned.  They did this with Self Titled anyways did they not?  Let's hear some shit!

I remember MTV.com or some shit streamed the album early. Or maybe it was the day of release? Idk, just remember listening to it in the high school library instead of doing…whatever tf I was supposed to be doing

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

I remember MTV.com or some shit streamed the album early. Or maybe it was the day of release? Idk, just remember listening to it in the high school library instead of doing…whatever tf I was supposed to be doing

No, that’s right according to Wikipedia. MTV streamed it on their website for a week before it was officially released. 

• Wow 1

21 minutes ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

Maybe the album did, probably on Limewire, but Always was released 3 days prior to the album release, according to the Googs.  My memory is to foggy for all that.  

3 days prior to the 1 year anniversary!