One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

At what point are they gonna release singles, fucking September? This is an absolute disaster management. Knowing blink they will delay it again, october comes, they will tell us to wait till Christmas, then again to summer. Who the hell tells them to wait so long is an idiot, unless it's not even ready and by the July we will see posts like "studio time", finishing and shit. 

• Sad 1

Guess this is not uncommon. Comparing to lewis capaldi, he's been hyping up his may release for months, finished his world tour yesterday and album comes out tomorrow. Maybe a strategy to stay relevant and hype. 

i dont mind the october release, but getting like half the album as singles i hate. 

1 hour ago, allsystemsgo said:

That quote is bullshit and Miyamoto never said it.

Wow. I’ve only ever seen it online and just assumed. I even googled it to make sure I got it right and a bunch of links popped up saying he said it etc. But after you said it I deeper looked and found this link and there ya go! He didn’t come up with it. Cool to know!

quote still applies though. 

• Wow 1

I wonder if the release of the album in autumn means that it will be a serious album, as was the case with the Untitled record. Given the vibe of Edging and some elements that we had (for example the co-writers of some registered songs) it seemed conceivable that it would be a poppy and summery album.

Just wondering

7 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
 -Shigeru Miyamoto

Replace “game” with “album” and you’ve got my thoughts on the delay. I wish it was out sooner too but I would prefer that they have taken their time and made something truly great rather than rush it out.

Fair enough, but they arranged and promoted a gigantic world tour in support of a new album. They need to stop attaching albums to tour promotion if the album isn't ready to go. This is the third time they've done it.

• Like 5

On 5/16/2023 at 11:37 PM, Fap God said:

Rumor on the streets is that they’re taking the riff from Brohemian Rhapsody and turning it into a real song 

Wasn't that Parking Lot?

I know we all love being pedantic here, and there were plenty of reasons to assume the album would be "imminent" along the way, including releasing a single to promote the reunion, but I don't think Blink ever actually said this tour was an "album tour."

They've barely said anything at all, other than the very first announcement, which said: “We’re coming. Tour’s coming. Album’s coming. Tom’s coming,” and Mark saying on his radio show, “Yes, it’s happening. Blink-182 world tour, new music, new album. Tom’s back.”

Obviously they announced all of that at the same time, and then a merch website had that little blurb about "new album spring/summer 2023" or something? But other than that, have they given any other kind of indications, or are we just filling in the blanks on our own?

• Like 5

So if the album comes out in October that means Europe, Australia, NZ and South America will all get to see them play with a new album to promote. 

Do we really think they will tour North America again next summer? Would the majority of people who are seeing them this summer want to spend more money next summer to hear them play maybe 3 new songs?

• Like 1

My only gripe with the doomsy stuff here is that they released the last single in October.  That is a big stretch, but I don't recall the tour ever being album based.  I know this because I wanted it to be, but they kept kind of referring to it as the reunion and figured the album wouldn't be the first focus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I know we all love being pedantic here, and there were plenty of reasons to assume the album would be "imminent" along the way, including releasing a single to promote the reunion, but I don't think Blink ever actually said this tour was an "album tour."

They've barely said anything at all, other than the very first announcement, which said: “We’re coming. Tour’s coming. Album’s coming. Tom’s coming,” and Mark saying on his radio show, “Yes, it’s happening. Blink-182 world tour, new music, new album. Tom’s back.”

Obviously they announced all of that at the same time, and then a merch website had that little blurb about "new album spring/summer 2023" or something? But other than that, have they given any other kind of indications, or are we just filling in the blanks on our own?

They were selling vinyl at the time of tour announcement saying it would ship in the spring. Also released a single for the album

Tom said in early December that the album would be out "in a few months"

I actually hope Edging is just a standalone come back track at this point. Too much time will have passed for it to be on the album

I don't get why people are so defensive about this stuff

• Like 1

It's just ambiguity, as it's been usual in blink's camp (specially since they stepped muddy waters back in the day). Which sucks, to be honest, but at this point I think the best option as a fan is to learn to live with it and not expect anything that doesn't come in the shape of an official press release. That, and enjoying this amazing reunion and the superb health they are showing as a band again. I'd like to think this is the best scenario to release a good album. Stop waiting and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I actually hope Edging is just a standalone come back track at this point. Too much time will have passed for it to be on the album

I don't get why people are so defensive about this stuff

Agree with you on this, it'll be an instant skip every time I listen to the album if it's on there a year after it was released haha.

As for being defensive, come on Ghent... don't forget 99% of your posts between 2015-2020 any time anyone dared to critique anything about this version of the band haha:

blink-182-misery-stream-1490805646.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's just ambiguity, as it's been usual in blink's camp (specially since they stepped muddy waters back in the day). Which sucks, to be honest, but at this point I think the best option as a fan is to learn to live with it and not expect anything that doesn't come in the shape of an official press release. That, and enjoying this amazing reunion and the superb health they are showing as a band again. I'd like to think this is the best scenario to release a good album. Stop waiting and enjoy the ride.

I expected a huge delay because that's what happens when Tom is involved, got shit on for saying it. Then a huge delay occurred as expected and people are acting like I'm being unreasonable for pointing out that it's annoying

I'm just here for new blink tunes

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

I expected a huge delay because that's what happens when Tom is involved, got shit on for saying it. Then a huge delay occurred as expected and people are acting like I'm being unreasonable for pointing out that it's annoying

I'm just here for new blink tunes

I don't think this toime the delay comes from Tom, but I don't really know. I agree with you on the annoyance of this, because with blink, as I said, is always like this since yesteryear. So yeah.

To be fair, the reunion and single release got me by surprise, because I've been really disconnected, so I took it as an unexpected gift. I would never have imagined blink having this kind of reunion. I really thought there was bad blood between them, so seeing Tom really involved with blink agan, and now watching these shows is amazing. I'm here too for the new tunes, as long as they have confirmed a new album, but I assumed time ago that this is gonna take some time.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I don't think this toime the delay comes from Tom, but I don't really know. I agree with you on the annoyance of this, because with blink, as I said, is always like this since yesteryear. So yeah.

To be fair, the reunion and single release got me by surprise, because I've been really disconnected, so I took it as an unexpected gift. I would never have imagined blink having this kind of reunion. I really thought there was bad blood between them, so seeing Tom really involved with blink agan, and now watching these shows is amazing. I'm here too for the new tunes, as long as they have confirmed a new album, but I assumed time ago that this is gonna take some time.

Yeah I'm not 100% blaming Tom, but the band did honor their release dates and time frames in the Skiba era. It's probably a product of them learning how to write together again and continually improving (therefore scrapping the first recordings). That's why I kind of hope Edging isn't even on the album.

• Like 2

"Hey everyone!  Tour has been going great, so good in fact that we've decided to completely re-write the album!  Tom is bringing so many ideas to the table that we can't just shelve so once the tour is over, we'll be going back into the studio, looking at a spring 2025 release."

Enjoy!

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1