One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

On 5/22/2023 at 2:14 PM, Reg said:

Well ofc we dont know how they're using these sounds. Could be layered with real amps, other kemper sounds, or just as is. But i dont think these presets are any special and not blink league at all. Think Finn would click on Soldano Sm57 preset in a plugin? 

I'm guessing they reamp the stuff as well, have a hard time believing they go 100% plugin on the guitars. Reamping makes all the difference, I'd believe

37 minutes ago, Kelsey Kardashian said:

We already know this, though.

Assuming that the 6/2 date is true, which I most certainly am, when do you think they will officially announce it? This week? Next? I seriously can’t take it anymore 😩😩😩

4 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

It is interesting that the album is dropping in the fall, if only because the only fall release dates (that I can recall) were more dark/mature albums in self titled, NH, and NINE. Not sure if they strategically plan when to release albums, but it seems like there’s some correlation as California and TOYPAJ were both fun pop-punk albums dropped in the summer.

I’m thinking we get the next single on July 1st (182 day) and then a new song every month until the album release, but I hope I’m wrong and something drops sooner.

Don’t think it’s releasing then for that reason. I think it was Tom when talking to that guy where he said fall and a song a month that it was coming out that late cause of the vinyl delay. Considering their original due date was Jan 1st they probably expected the vinyl delay to take till June/July which is likely when they intended to release it but then they didn’t finish in time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm guessing they reamp the stuff as well, have a hard time believing they go 100% plugin on the guitars. Reamping makes all the difference, I'd believe

True. I just find it amazing being in a band with basically unlimited budget, mixing console more expensive then my house, could have any amps and mics in the world. And decide to use preset on a 199$ plugin. I've tried a lot of these plugins and nothing compares to amps (kemper is pretty sweet though)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reg said:

True. I just find it amazing being in a band with basically unlimited budget, mixing console more expensive then my house, could have any amps and mics in the world. And decide to use preset on a 199$ plugin. I've tried a lot of these plugins and nothing compares to amps (kemper is pretty sweet though)

I agree. Sounds like it’s just being lazy. 

17 minutes ago, Reg said:

While I completely agree with you, I don't think the tone was bad on the single. 

Somewhere down the line it's just about the product though, not how you got there. And if they can get the tone to fit the sound they're going for this route.. 

In my own experience real mic'd up amps always trumps the softwares. But there's also where the reamping comes into play. But even there you're creating more work for themselves (the producers) than it would be to just use real live amps from the beginning. So yeah it's a little weird 😂

11 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

they are sassies with that "october' aiming not, it will be in october, it may be october, so meaning possibly even later! were in may!!!

theyve been working on this for a year + now, all the other kool band out there are all done with their records and releasing for summer release

So, these “good chats” you say you’re bringing…

joker-batman.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Crab 1

13 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

While I completely agree with you, I don't think the tone was bad on the single. 

Somewhere down the line it's just about the product though, not how you got there. And if they can get the tone to fit the sound they're going for this route.. 

In my own experience real mic'd up amps always trumps the softwares. But there's also where the reamping comes into play. But even there you're creating more work for themselves (the producers) than it would be to just use real live amps from the beginning. So yeah it's a little weird 😂

Where is this “reamping” idea coming from? Sounds like pure speculation to me. And what is it exactly? Sounds like it would be pointless to do, kind of like you said at the end of your comment. 

1 minute ago, Fap God said:

Where is this “reamping” idea coming from? Sounds like pure speculation to me. And what is it exactly? Sounds like it would be pointless to do, kind of like you said at the end of your comment. 

It's just 100% me guessing. When you're recording DI you can choose to "reamp" the recording at a later time, which basically means that you route it through an amp of choice and record it through that one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It's just 100% me guessing. When you're recording DI you can choose to "reamp" the recording at a later time, which basically means that you route it through an amp of choice and record it through that one. 

Interesting. So the “organic” guitar parts that were initially sent to the DI can somehow be sent to a real amp instead? How does that work? You would literally plug it into an amp and you hear guitar coming out of a real amp even though you’re not playing the guitar? 

I just don't like the fake amps with a distortion function in them. Amps should have clean function only and you poke a hole in them to make the sound distorted. Buying amps with distortion is just lazy.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Fap God said:

Interesting. So the “organic” guitar parts that were initially sent to the DI can somehow be sent to a real amp instead? How does that work? You would literally plug it into an amp and you hear guitar coming out of a real amp even though you’re not playing the guitar? 

Basically, yeah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

I just don't like the fake amps with a distortion function in them. Amps should have clean function only and you poke a hole in them to make the sound distorted. Buying amps with distortion is just lazy.

Alright, Kinks.

2 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

they are sassies with that "october' aiming not, it will be in october, it may be october, so meaning possibly even later! were in may!!!

theyve been working on this for a year + now, all the other kool band out there are all done with their records and releasing for summer release

Am I the only one that sees this is nonsensical

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah, nothing against the softwares, just the unlimited possibilities with other stuff. Considering their experience with sounds after all the untitled experimentation, they probably have a lot of knowledge on recording. I'd imagine a photo of an cab with an amp with a few mics on it. Well agree with its all about the end product. If it sounds good then great. Not loving the idea of the album of sounding like MGK though. 

11 hours ago, Fap God said:

Yep. You can get the perfect take or what ever using a DI and a software. Then run the guitar recording  on a whole song back to an amp and find a good tone, good mics and placement and get a good sound. 

You can do a lot of cool stuff, crank the spring reverb up and reamp a snare or a vocal for an example. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reg said:

Yep. You can get the perfect take or what ever using a DI and a software. Then run the guitar recording  on a whole song back to an amp and find a good tone, good mics and placement and get a good sound. 

You can do a lot of cool stuff, crank the spring reverb up and reamp a snare or a vocal for an example. 

I've never heard of this and I'm someone that has recorded a lot. Although I've never really experimented much with recording techniques and stuff haha. But this sounds cool asf, I'd love to try something like this