One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Hm... no?

Is not Dave and friends. They have a solid and constant line-up, except fo the drummer. They have had 3 at this point (not counting Grohl in the studio). Pat Smear wasn't a full member since the begining, if memory serves me right, but it's a full member since a quite good amount of years now.

Let's not kid ourselves, at the end of the day Dave has final say and what he wants is what he gets. They may help contribute but it's basically all him. 

10 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

I’m not trying to slander the foo foghters. Just weird to me that Dave and Taylor were like brothers but then he can just replace him that quickly after an untimely death.

They have always been about the money and yes it's weird.

Dave had a good idea with Foo Fighters but he definitely has a history of 'getting some new material out there' as soon as someone tragically passes away he knows' now.  Dude's definitely a yearner. 

As we're getting closer and closer to Friday with really no sign of a single dropping, no teaser no nothing. I'm betting it's pry not happening. I wonder if they changed their mind after the website leak.  Also since Travis is still apparently fucking tracking drums this album ain't close to being done. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Hm... no?

Is not Dave and friends. They have a solid and constant line-up, except fo the drummer. They have had 3 at this point (not counting Grohl in the studio). Pat Smear wasn't a full member since the begining, if memory serves me right, but it's a full member since a quite good amount of years now.

Thanks for explaining this lol. Chris Shifflet is also a great guitarist who came from No Use For A Name 

• Like 1

Yeah starting to think that was the plan with the assumption the album was going to be done before tour like Mark and Travis said, but since they're clearly still recording... Maybe single release delayed yet again....Fuck :( 

If the single isn’t this week they definitely wouldn’t delay it just because hardcore fans found out, that’s like .001% of listeners. It was probably just a tentative date that was put in by whoever contracted to set up the website. If the album is coming out in October we’re still getting a new song soon either way if it’s next week or a couple weeks from now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

If the single isn’t this week they definitely wouldn’t delay it just because hardcore fans found out, that’s like .001% of listeners. It was probably just a tentative date that was put in by whoever contracted to set up the website. If the album is coming out in October we’re still getting a new song soon either way if it’s next week or a couple weeks from now.

I feel the same way... but... this is getting to be such a long wait haha. We're several months beyond the time when I too was saying things like "It'll come out whenever! I'm sure XYZ is happening right now and the next single is just a week or two away!"

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:02 AM, Champ182 said:

I know I was just preaching patience like last week haha but... the first show of the reunion tour is just over 2 weeks away, it's time to tell the world what's up! Come on fellas.

For example, this post from FEBRUARY..... hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Edging came out like what 7 months ago and the album date hasnt been announced so I am assuming at this point that edging isn’t going to be on the album, surely?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

Edging came out like what 7 months ago and the album date hasnt been announced so I am assuming at this point that edging isn’t going to be on the album, surely?

Not following this logic. Weren’t some of the AVa singles out for 2 years before the last album and were still included on it? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

I’ve said this from the start. It’s a stand alone single imo. I’ll be surprised if it’s on the album. 

Im so intrigued by the sound of this album. There’s no way they can write anything as good as Untitled at this poin tbh but surely it’s going to be better than Cali or Nine.

• Like 3

Blink wants to write and record a great album and they think that delaying it as much as possible would make it perfect, when in reality they should embrace that the first music together in almost a decade will be just an ok and that's ok. Faster they realese it, faster they tour it and then they can take their time as much as they want with a real creative stuff. No point to spend a year or more to a record that doomed to be just a fun, comeback album. 

As for a single, pretty sure, they won't release it now. August my bet, that's when the single comes, if they don't overdose the hell out of this album. 

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’ve said this from the start. It’s a stand alone single imo. I’ll be surprised if it’s on the album. 

Replace the release cycle of Edging with the last AVA album and Rebel Girl and you can follow exactly what's going to happen; it's going to be on the album.

5 minutes ago, b00bies said:

Blink wants to write and record a great album and they think that delaying it as much as possible would make it perfect, when in reality they should embrace that the first music together in almost a decade will be just an ok and that's ok. Faster they realese it, faster they tour it and then they can take their time as much as they want. No point to spend a year or more to a record that doomed to be just a fun, comeback album. 

I'm a broken record but the Untitled recording process ruined them.  I will keep screaming this from the mountain top until I'm in the grave.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Fap God said:

Not following this logic. Weren’t some of the AVa singles out for 2 years before the last album and were still included on it? 

I was hoping Tom’s disastrous approach to releases wouldn’t be a model a machine like blink would follow but there we are. 

• Like 2

So if we assume they didn’t finish the album before tour started and whatever Travis was doing yesterday wasn’t just a touch up or something extra(still doubt from me) then it’s fairly natural to assume that both Tom and Travis knew they would need to go back in right? Yet they both said while on tour to expect the album in October. Tom might’ve said fall? I can’t remember. Same time thereabouts though. Would be very odd to say that knowing they still had more to record and it would be delayed so that likely hasn’t changed based on the recording yesterday.

Tom also said a song each month before the album comes out. Yesterday 5 songs were registered on ASCAP. That’s a song for June, July, August, September, a final single in October a week or two before it releases in October.

So despite them recording something yesterday we are still most likely looking at the same timeframe we were a few weeks ago or whenever it was they said October. Maybe no song tomorrow but if that’s the case it was likely changed a while ago and that image put up on the site wasn’t meant to go up at all and that’s why they pulled it and we all just hyped ourselves up again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

Tom put Rebel Girl on lifeforms and that was out for like 2 years. 

Totally missed the reply to you already... But yea I wouldn't be shocked if it's on there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, High Value Coight said:

So if we assume they didn’t finish the album before tour started and whatever Travis was doing yesterday wasn’t just a touch up or something extra(still doubt from me) then it’s fairly natural to assume that both Tom and Travis knew they would need to go back in right? Yet they both said while on tour to expect the album in October. Tom might’ve said fall? I can’t remember. Same time thereabouts though. Would be very odd to say that knowing they still had more to record and it would be delayed so that likely hasn’t changed based on the recording yesterday.

Tom also said a song each month before the album comes out. Yesterday 5 songs were registered on ASCAP. That’s a song for June, July, August, September, a final single in October a week or two before it releases in October.

So despite them recording something yesterday we are still most likely looking at the same timeframe we were a few weeks ago or whenever it was they said October. Maybe no song tomorrow but if that’s the case it was likely changed a while ago and that image put up on the site wasn’t meant to go up at all and that’s why they pulled it and we all just hyped ourselves up again.

Cue the discourse on song writers being used