One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

I would not be surprised if Rebel Girl is on the album at this point. 

Mark does not guide the ship on this stuff for whatever reason, I really do get 'Lifeforms ft. bilnk' vibes from all this as far as format and approach to it all.  

Which isn't the worst thing in the world.  But probably disappointing for those expecting Untitled pt. 2

I am forsure thinking we get a single this weekend yet.

Albums don't need to be done for them to release a single, right?  I'm not sure where that is all stemming from.  They have months until this fall when it's dropping right? Album doesn't need to be done, who cares.  Touch up all you want. They only hinted at singles dropped throughout this summer.

4 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

So if we assume they didn’t finish the album before tour started and whatever Travis was doing yesterday wasn’t just a touch up or something extra(still doubt from me) then it’s fairly natural to assume that both Tom and Travis knew they would need to go back in right? Yet they both said while on tour to expect the album in October. Tom might’ve said fall? I can’t remember. Same time thereabouts though. Would be very odd to say that knowing they still had more to record and it would be delayed so that likely hasn’t changed based on the recording yesterday.

Tom also said a song each month before the album comes out. Yesterday 5 songs were registered on ASCAP. That’s a song for June, July, August, September, a final single in October a week or two before it releases in October.

So despite them recording something yesterday we are still most likely looking at the same timeframe we were a few weeks ago or whenever it was they said October. Maybe no song tomorrow but if that’s the case it was likely changed a while ago and that image put up on the site wasn’t meant to go up at all and that’s why they pulled it and we all just hyped ourselves up again.

Werent those songs added months ago…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Werent those songs added months ago…

They’re all new to ASCAP and one is completely new. OP of the Reddit thread said this :

“Not totally different but more "official" imo. Ascap is the main music licensing platform so these songs being on there is a good sign. For reference the titles for California Deluxe were found on there not long before the album was officially announced.”

could mean something could not. Timing is suss though.

18 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

They’re all new to ASCAP and one is completely new. OP of the Reddit thread said this :

“Not totally different but more "official" imo. Ascap is the main music licensing platform so these songs being on there is a good sign. For reference the titles for California Deluxe were found on there not long before the album was officially announced.”

could mean something could not. Timing is suss though.

Yea California deluxe was the week it was announced. But my point was there were five or so songs added to a licensing database many months ago. Turpentine, brain candy, and more than you’ll ever know were definitely in that list. Was it not ascap?

24 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Yea California deluxe was the week it was announced. But my point was there were five or so songs added to a licensing database many months ago. Turpentine, brain candy, and more than you’ll ever know were definitely in that list. Was it not ascap?

It was not. It was some other ones. These were only added to ASCAP yesterday.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pussay Patrol said:

🤪

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d76862cc9a6d229c0c9e0ec9c9f34474.jpg

"final touching since september of 2022"

im more upset at their behavior than at bad the album might be(if it ends up being any bad)

they are old now, dont they understand that any of them could have a heart attack ay any given moment at their age???

then if that happens they may shelf what weve been waiting for, for a long time now

not good 

• Crab 1

21 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't think there is a song coming tomorrow but @High Value Coightlet us know if it magically pops up on Spotify at midnight in 🇦🇺

Bruh I get up 430am I ain’t staying up till midnight haha. I’ll make it to 10 though and vpn my way into NZ where it will be midnight there just for you ❤️

I also feel that since we’ve had no announcement so far that (big)if it does come out tomorrow it’ll be a global release at the same time as opposed to a midnight release.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

Nothing on blinks YouTube which is where I heard edging first with a NZ vpn. If it’s coming it ain’t a midnight release in your region.

@Elisa :(

thanks Coight for being a real soldier ❤ 

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

My biggest disappointment so far is the decision to do NO press. I thought this was going to be a “let the album speak for itself” situation, but that doesn’t work as well when it’s delayed by months and no one knows what the hell is going on.

Obviously it could all work out and the album will be great, but they’ve really dropped the ball with the hype machine. The only time I’ve really been excited was when Edging came out.. now that song feels so old it might not feel right on an album. I don’t get the strategy here at all.

I haven’t reached meltdown mode, but they seem to be stuck in a gray area here. Am I even supposed to be pumped for this or what? I don’t get it

You’d think with blink we’d all be used to this by now and even expect it. It’s nonstop delays, quiet periods, and letdowns with this band. Yet whenever there is the tiniest hint of something new happening we all jump right back on that hype train immediately lol.

I’m not in meltdown mode either, I’ve kind of just stopped paying attention. I’ll let them catch me off guard whenever the next thing actually happens. It’ll be a nice surprise.

• Like 5

Like surely they will eventually explain how Tom got back in the fold and how and why they started playing together again? I thought they had grand plans for a documentary and some kind of themed album (song title Edging still makes no sense?)

At least they sound better live and actually like each other now. The little things lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Like surely they will eventually explain how Tom got back in the fold and how and why they started playing together again? I thought they had grand plans for a documentary and some kind of themed album (song title Edging still makes no sense?)

At least they sound better live and actually like each other now. The little things lol

Exactly. The whole no press thing is weird to me.