One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

1 minute ago, Come Back Artists said:

I don't think we're getting a new single today.

I'm not bent out of a shape, but I am shocked.  I thought somewhere along the ways someone confirmed we were getting a new single every month until October or a reputable source at least said this? 

Someone on Reddit said he met tom(had photos) and Tom said it to him. Really shouldn’t have got the traction it did tbh. Reeks of my uncle works at gamefreak energy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, High Value Cum said:

Someone on Reddit said he met tom(had photos) and Tom said it to him. Really shouldn’t have got the traction it did tbh. Reeks of my uncle works at gamefreak energy.

Aw man.  Yeah, those are almost 1000% always lies. 

Reddit is really to blame.  They keep circulating dumb shit.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cum Back Tom said:

Aw man.  Yeah, those are almost 1000% always lies. 

Reddit is really to blame.  They keep circulating dumb shit.

Reddit is full of a lot of younger fans, they have so many posts that are clearly from people newer to the band who are unfamiliar with a lot of their history, older material etc and I think there’s a lot of naivety and nonsense that goes into that, if it starts on reddit I would just always be skeptical. 

• Like 3

Like i've said, I'm not super disappointed in the fake expectations/timelines we threw on, even if they encouraged it a little bit, the internet made it way more.  But this does reek of Rebel Girl/K&T Lifeforms cycle, which was super annoying and that was fucking AVA.  So, not a fan of that Tom timeline stuff, but not a fan the Mark/Travis hoopla churn stuff out within a month either.  The record will need to speak for itself, but the stretched timeline only adds some pressure for it to be good.  

Lifeforms was fine, but it never was going to live up to the expectations of 2 year + wait and grow tired of it all by then anyways.  Like it's just music at the end of the day, 4 minute songs, not 3 hour feature length movie.  We don't want to get overhyped for just a couple palm mutes than a chorus on a handful of songs expecting a big orchestra now.

• Like 1

Guess it’s unpopular, but I’m still riding the ‘omg they’re back’ wave and am fine waiting longer for a new single. 

I’ve been listening to the same 9-10 blink albums for a while now, another year with nothing new to add to the rotation is fine. Obviously still stoked for new music but I’m in no hurry. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

Guess it’s unpopular, but I’m still riding the ‘omg they’re back’ wave and am fine waiting longer for a new single. 

I’ve been listening to the same 9-10 blink albums for a while now, another year with nothing new to add to the rotation is fine. Obviously still stoked for new music but I’m in no hurry. 

I kind of feel that way too.  I don't listen to Self Titled as much anymore, but it blew my mind and lasted me well over a decade. 

I listened to California for 3 months. 

A good record is worth it. 

Still don't need to drag it out as far as - releasing another song during the hype - after Edging. 

Just crazy to me that 8 months ago they said the record was done lol and here we are with nothin but edging. My kid is for sure gonna be here before the new album and it’s looking like he’s gonna beat the new single too lmao.

• Wow 1

Remember when they posted this and it felt like they were back in full force? Instead we get the same old shit we always do with them. Delays, no communication/miscommunication. I mean aside from what, 3 songs, their whole setlist is now 20 years old. And they've released 4 albums and an EP worth of music since then. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Crab 2
  • Pickle 1

You guys are being curmudgeons a little bit. The tour is incredible and the band seems to have legitimate life for the first time in almost 20 years. Enjoy it! The uncertainty about the album sucks but come on. All of this seemed utterly impossible.

• Like 9

To me this tour doesn’t seem any different than the original reunion tour. The 2009 tour was full of the same life and everyone so happy it happened just a couple months after the Grammy announcement and then no music came after is when people started to be like what’s going on here.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, NotNow said:

To me this tour doesn’t seem any different than the original reunion tour. The 2009 tour was full of the same life and everyone so happy it happened just a couple months after the Grammy announcement and then no music came after is when people started to be like what’s going on here.

Nah they sound so much better now and Tom seems sober enough not to butcher any songs.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Nah they sound so much better now and Tom seems sober enough not to butcher any songs.

Yeah to me at that time it was still very much like “WHOA they’re back together but Tom is still AVA Tom, is this gonna work??” and Tom seemed embarrassed and self conscious all the time and their live performances were fun but sloppy as fuck and it all felt kind of like an act.

Don’t get me wrong I had a fucking blast at the reunion show I went to and I was so happy they were back, but all it took was seeing that first comeback appearance on the Tonight Show (with Tom looking like he wanted to disappear while squawking his way through ATST) to realize it was an extremely awkward situation haha. Compare that to Coachella. This time truly feels wayyy different.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Based on everything we’ve heard, it feels to me like they had enough completed songs that they could’ve easily turned in an album back in January. I just don’t think they were satisfied yet and kept working on making the best album they could. Will the album be amazing or will most people here shit all over it?

Yes.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I've always thought this too. So much revisionist history going on here. Yes I will admit they do sound way better then 2009, but people saying they actually seem to be friends this time, as if we didn't think anything different in 2009. Pretty much the same vibe as 2009 except Tom isn't as drunk and they sound better. 

• Like 2
  • Pickle 2

Original reunion started great as well but this now feels organic and genuine. Back then they were still afraid to step on each other's toes. Now Mark grabs Tom's balls mid-intro to Violence. Difference in vibes is night and day.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Knapppers said:

I've always thought this too. So much revisionist history going on here. Yes I will admit they do sound way better then 2009, but people saying they actually seem to be friends this time, as if we didn't think anything different in 2009. Pretty much the same vibe as 2009 except Tom isn't as drunk and they sound better. 

Nah this is dumb. It took them like 3 years to release a half-assed album during the reunion tour while Tom favoured AvA. Very different circumstances.

• Like 3

Anyone who doesn’t get that this reunion is different to the first one is a few crayons short of a box.

We got a song immediately, shows sound great and Tom obviously cares. We’re in a much better spot now than we were then.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Remember when they posted this and it felt like they were back in full force? Instead we get the same old shit we always do with them. Delays, no communication/miscommunication. I mean aside from what, 3 songs, their whole setlist is now 20 years old. And they've released 4 albums and an EP worth of music since then. 

Lol this was such a good promo.  Excited for what's ahead.  They still got it, surprisingly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1