One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

13 minutes ago, M!ke said:

If they're truly trying to make it the best album that it can be, I wouldn't mind if they're still working on the album. Yes I want a summer album, but I also want a great album more than it to release in time for summer. And the funny thing is after it's out for only like a week or two, no one will even care or remember caring about the wait it took to get there (unless the album is bad of course).

I don’t care about American seasons Mike. I just want new music. It’s been 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

It'll take the time that it takes. Some of you sound so defeated at the prospect of it releasing after the summer, like it's the end of the world or something, lol.

I mean it's blink. They will use all the time now they have till the day label says it's enough. Travis got injured, blink takes all time. The have minimum 6 weeks. They don't think in a way "hey let's release it earlier". Personally, I have no problem with a silent approach they took, but it gets annoying as hell. Just don't say you'll get an album before tour and then no deliver at all. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Yeah call it cope or whatever but I refuse to believe they’re still recording the album originally due Jan 31st. It’s bonus songs/deluxe/something else.

definite copium my friend from down under.....

do you not remember how fucking long it takes this band to make music?  I'll never let go of the thought that the Untitled-era house renting shit ruined them as far as getting things done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

definite copium my friend from down under.....

do you not remember how fucking long it takes this band to make music?  I'll never let go of the thought that the Untitled-era house renting shit ruined them as far as getting things done.

It’s been so long already. Like they started before the Tom announcement. I’m still choosing to believe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, b00bies said:

I mean it's blink. They will use all the time now they have till the day label says it's enough. Travis got injured, blink takes all time. The have minimum 6 weeks. They don't think in a way "hey let's release it earlier". Personally, I have no problem with a silent approach they took, but it gets annoying as hell. Just don't say you'll get an album before tour and then no deliver at all. 

If they postpone every date on the tour, theyre not technically lying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

This is all reminiscent of Neighborhoods for me. They cancelled the first leg of that tour to finish the album. Then started the tour in August but released the album in September. By this logic I still expect the album by summer even if the rest of the tour goes as planned. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

This is all reminiscent of Neighborhoods for me. They cancelled the first leg of that tour to finish the album. Then started the tour in August but released the album in September. By this logic I still expect the album by summer even if the rest of the tour goes as planned. 

Not for me. They could never come together to work on Neighborhoods, consequently it took 2 years longer than necessary to complete.  Personally, this reminds me of Dogs Eating Dogs, they got right together to work on it, and continue to get together to work on it regularly (as far as we can tell), they're being low-key about progress on the release, but all indications point to the fact that they aren't dragging their feet on this one (at least not like they were with Neighborhoods). Of course with an EP, it got released very quick, so there was no time for people to start getting antsy at all.  But with how that EP was recorded, were it 3 times as long, I could see that having took 7+ months from start to completion. 

• Love 1

I'm still going with what Rubin said at the end of 2022 = 2022 started with a secret that would later be one of the biggest music stories of the year. Which means that they've been working on the album since early 2022.

I know we always expect the worst, but this time the album is coming out in time for the tour. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

Yeah call it cope or whatever but I refuse to believe they’re still recording the album originally due Jan 31st. It’s bonus songs/deluxe/something else.

The band that was two years late to hand in neighborhoods, took an extra nine months than expected on untitled. And you can’t believe they’re two months past their deadline right now? Is this sarcasm?

I get the vibe when Matt was in the band mark stopped giving a fuck and threw out the perfectionism because it was a new band basically and didn’t feel like there was a bar to meet. Probably feels way more pressure right now than he has since 2013.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, NotNow said:

The band that was two years late to hand in neighborhoods, took an extra nine months than expected on untitled. And you can’t believe they’re two months past their deadline right now? Is this sarcasm?

I get the vibe when Matt was in the band mark stopped giving a fuck and threw out the perfectionism because it was a new band basically and didn’t feel like there was a bar to meet. Probably feels way more pressure right now than he has since 2013.

I did say it was dope but…

Neighbourhoods doesn’t count cause that was Tom being a cunt. Isn’t the case now.

I think it’s just like @Elisasaid. Rubin implied they were recording/writing for a while before the announcement. They also had no need to give us a deadline and doubt they would’ve unless they were quite closer to teaching it.

• Like 2