One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

On 5/9/2023 at 11:38 AM, Dylan_ said:

Finishing the North American leg of the tour with no new songs would be insane. At least we will have two new songs before it's finished. You lucky fuckers in Europe will get to see them while they have a whole new album to hype up. 

Blink does this all the time. Heck you can barely get them to acknowledge albums on tour even after they are released (NINE)

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kibbles said:

forgot where or if it was even a reliable source lol- but heard it was another poppy radio track. 

Here’s a tiny snippet sounds like it’s gonna go somewhere cool tho - 

ah that and travis claping his sticks on his ankles not much of a differance

they need 2 stop with the nonsense tease n put a single now

3 hours ago, High Value Man said:

Blink does this all the time. Heck you can barely get them to acknowledge albums on tour even after they are released (NINE)

So are you a NINE fan then? I feel like that album was super quiet, especially because of covid. But it’s aging well for me. It’s casually good.

I feel like you’ve mentioned it a few times

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

When did Edging come out again? Didn't they claim they had written like 6 songs or so when that came out? Yet here we are waiting till October. So sad. 

Why is that sad?  Are these cheeseburgers we ordered or are they writing some songs?

• Haha 1

It is kind of sad that they yet again announced a huge tour that would support an album and the album isn’t going to be out until the tour is 3/4 over.

I gave them like $60 bucks for a signed album that was supposed to be out two months ago, but now I’ll be lucky if it’s out by October?

I’m not pissed, but it’s not exactly fan friendly behavior

• Like 4

It's probably not done?  I really don't think they intentionally pushed out the release date many were anticipating just for funsies.

Considering the giant tour, album creating, and separate family obligations, I'm not that shocked they took a year from the first single to mold the rest of the album from whatever else they had made prior. 

They aren't in their 20s and get together with unlimited time to go make an album anymore.

• Love 1

From a fan perspective it would have been nice if they separated the tour from the album. We’ve been through this before with the Neighborhoods tour.

If there’s any question, don’t promote the tour as an album tour. It was heavily implied and stated that the album would be out before the tour. If there was any question, why even dangle the album carrot? Why release Edging when they did?

Doesn't make a lot of sense imo. Doesn’t seem like a thing you run into with other bands

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

From a fan perspective it would have been nice if they separated the tour from the album. We’ve been through this before with the Neighborhoods tour.

If there’s any question, don’t promote the tour as an album tour. It was heavily implied and stated that the album would be out before the tour. If there was any question, why even dangle the album carrot? Why release Edging when they did?

Doesn't make a lot of sense imo. Doesn’t seem like a thing you run into with other bands

I genuinely took it as a reunion with the 'original' trio tour more than new album, just that new album was also in the works.  Thought it'd be best, for them, to release it before leaving for the tour, but there's clearly enough hype around that. 

Summer would be cool too, but if they are releasing 5 songs over the summer, I'm good.

Taking pre-sales?  Now that's another thing.  That should have waited until now.

• Like 4

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
 -Shigeru Miyamoto

Replace “game” with “album” and you’ve got my thoughts on the delay. I wish it was out sooner too but I would prefer that they have taken their time and made something truly great rather than rush it out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

It is kind of sad that they yet again announced a huge tour that would support an album and the album isn’t going to be out until the tour is 3/4 over.

I gave them like $60 bucks for a signed album that was supposed to be out two months ago, but now I’ll be lucky if it’s out by October?

I’m not pissed, but it’s not exactly fan friendly behavior

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I agree.

I don't have a problem anymore with album release dates. I mean, when a record is done, is done and I don't mind waiting. They should know when it's the best moment to consider it done and released. But that said, the thing is what you pointed out: they have to be clearer when releasing the info about the comeback and album release. And don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly happy with this new era and situation on the band. I'm enjoying the live videos and all. Blink is doing really well and I'm super excited for it all, but it would be much easier to say it clear: we release this single, we're going to do a reunion tour afterwards, then release the record and then tour that album. But they didn't even made an official announcement or press thing about the record.

But well, I guess this is classic blink behavior. In fact... I don't think we'll have a release date announcement until mid summer, and I highly doubt they are going to release a song per month. I don't care, btw. We'll get new stuff, eventually. I'm not gonna care that much until a release date is officially set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High Value Coight said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
 -Shigeru Miyamoto

Replace “game” with “album” and you’ve got my thoughts on the delay. I wish it was out sooner too but I would prefer that they have taken their time and made something truly great rather than rush it out.

That quote is bullshit and Miyamoto never said it.

• Wow 1